Gates AX27 Belt ???

go-rebels

Local time
1:36 AM
Is this manual clutch drive belt hard to find or what?

* Went to my local NAPA and they had none in stock, none in their warehouse and could not order a new one.

* Advance Auto told me the same story

* Autozone: Nothing

* Carquest: Zero

I found one Gates belt through Amazon.com and just ordered it. Now they have none!

What's up here? :confused:

HEY GO-REBELS:

Same story here!

No autoparts stores carry Gates, so I went to an industrial supplier, specializing in belts, bearings, chains, sprockets, conveyor drive systems, gears, all the heavy duty stuff for manufacturing and processing plants.

Gates? Nothing! Even THEIR supplier had no Gates belts in his order book!

So I settled for Goodyear for both belts, and that got rid of my shreiking and squeaklng.

HAL

Last edited:
Good job Hal!

I've got a few Industrial suppliers near me and was going to go that route if I struck out with Amazon.

I had no idea that they would be so difficult to locate.

I have always used NAPA 4L285 belts. I've never had a problem getting them from NAPA. The newer Whizzers come with a 4L290 but I find it a little too long.

V-belts

The "A" and "AX" series belts are industrial belts and are seldom found at auto supplies, although NAPA and some other auto stores do stock them. As others have mentioned, look for these belts at industrial bearing supply houses. The 4L series of belts are the correct cross-sectional dimensions (1/2" x 5/16"), but these are fractional HP belts, which means they are not as strong as the industrial AX series belts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back