G'Day from Aus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DIYMark, Oct 29, 2008.

1. DIYMark

DIYMark Member

Hi,

I came across this forum while trying to read everything possible on the net about the ZBOX 80cc engine. Turns out this is the best place for these discussions and I also learned that my kit thats in the mail is called a Happy time engine! WTF where did that name originate from? Who invented it lol

Anyway, I reside 10Km out of Hobart and what made me get a HT was the ongoing thought of putting an engine on a mountain bike. I tried (well thought of) using a brush cutter engine and a worm gear box from a wiper motor but in the end it would be cheaper to buy and use a HT engine as it is.

I guess thats enough from me for now :rolleyes:

Oh and as my name suggests I am well equipped at home (mill, lathe, mig, etc) so I should get some decent mods done on my HT.

2. Aussie_Glenn

Aussie_Glenn Member

Welcome Mark,
    Looking forward to seeing some of your mods.

Cheers,
    Glenn

3. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

G'day & welcome to MBc.
    HT was coined by our former Admin & is still in use today...infact it seems to have become a universal expression on MB forums.
    Happy Time/Unhappy Time.......depends on your point of view at the time. :D :-x

4. kerf

kerf Guest

Welcome, lots of Aussies here, you'll like it.

5. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Welcome. Have a good spring and summer downunder!:grin:

6. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

welcome -- have fun here on site and as you

ride that MB thing

7. DIYMark

DIYMark Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

8. seanhan

seanhan Member

Welcome Mark !!

9. duivendyk

duivendyk Guest

Welcome to our Forum.I seem to remember that Hobart is in Tasmania.Used to be a penal colony,I think.Discovered by the Dutch explorer Abal Tasman,sailing East he missed the southcoast entirely and came upon T.I've been to NSW&Queensland,but not to the South coast.Tasmania looks like a hilly windy place to me.There's lots of info to be found here,but takes digging though,the search engine is not the greatest.Quite a few Aussies too.The HT engine design allegedly originated in the UK and somehow resurfaced in China.Quality rather suspect &highly variable.Lots of rebuild info to be found&worthwhile heeding.