GEBE 4 VS 2..Now that some time has passed.

S

sabrewalt

I read through with great interest, some of the earlier pros and cons surrounding 2 VS 4 stroke GEBE installations... Now that some time has passed... What say ye. Tanaka 32 or Subaru 35??? I am about to pulled the trigger on ordering one or the other. I am 240 hoping for 200 lbs and 6ft 1in 55 years old.

Tanaka, for power.

Order it with the trail gear (11 tooth), and that gives you best acceleration, when you drop the pounds, put on the highway gear (13 tooth).

Only deficit is the fuel tank size, but the Tanaka has the best chance for 50 oz. upgrade.

Subaru 35 is the one for you.....unless you like mixing gas and oil ( stinky mess ). No smelly and unsightly smoke pouring out the exhaust. The exhaust sound is not nearly as irritating either. I weigh 245 and my speeds on the flat are 27-28mph. Plenty fast on a bike as you will discover.

You can't and won't see any smoke coming out of the tanaka 2 strokes with the exception of start up w/ choke, otherwise, smoke free. Mixing 50:1 is a breeze. Power to weight ratio for two vs. four, two; hands down baby.

Hi SABERWALT, I'm a newbie with the Tanaka 32cc in hilly PA. I'm 200 lbs. and the 2 stroke has some zip.........but I think I need to try the trail gear. I'm willing to trade some speed for torque....these dang hills. Love it though!

There are a lot of performance upgrades for the Tanaka engine. A boost bottle and tuned exhaust will give chingles performance over the 4 stroke. Tanaka engines when properly broken in are high, pressurized and bullet proof.

Back