GEBE belt drive for a 2 stroke on a worksman frame

gestalt

Local time
4:58 AM
is there any way to use a gebe belt drive rear wheel ring and belt with a chinese in frame 2-stroke kit like the one I have on this bike
yojimbobrakes.JPG

I guess the real question would be is there a belt drive sprocket available that will fit in there as a drop in replacement of the chain drive sprocket. would it make more sense to have a short chain go from the engine to a jack shaft and then go to the rear wheel drive ring?

I'm doing a worksman newsboy conversion and want to keep with that board tracker look and I think that the gebe weed wacker looking engines just wont do for the look I'm going for.

Almost sure there is no drop in or off the shelf belt sprocket for an HT...

I am sure I have seen pics of a short chain running to a jackshaft which ran a belt drive sprocket to a ring on the rear wheel!

You can find lots of sprockets and such at Mcmastercarr

Very nice look you are going for by the way

You could weld a steel stamped pulley (like from an older alternator) to the output sprocket on the HT (not having an HT- I don't know if there is room for one that big around). But a bigger problem for you is using a large rear pulley will give you great rock-crauling capabilities, but you are not likely to get over 15 mph flat out.
The pulley ratio needs to be close to your current chain ratio.
I am going to "V" belt drive on any new build I do.
All my little tractors use belts - they last for years, and I am want to get away from the mess chains create. But in your case, I would stick to what you have.

The in frame two stroke belt drives I've seen also used a jack shaft to go from chain to belt. Belt drive has disadvantages but looks great on a board tracker or vintage build. Search the site for belt drive posts. Most will be rack mount motors but there should be some that apply to your situation.

Back