GEBE / full-suspension / coaster-conversion

Discussion in 'Rack Mounted Engines' started by augidog, Apr 1, 2009.

1. augidog

augidog Banned

just a "pacific" dual-suspension mtb, gebe/tanaka 32cc, converted to velocity wheels shimano coaster/sturmey-archer drum, made xtra-tall with a setback (that's a "person's" saddle off an old western flyer cruiser, let's talk "patina") and some basic high-rise bars. the abandoned v-brake studs made great attaching points for the front engine mount. a pocketbike tank & the battery will just fit on the toptube, and i think it'll be pretty easy to add about 6" to the end of the swingarm...then i can drop the seat quite a bit.

so far i like it, it's really smooth. this 6000mi purefire is running 32-35mph, so it's plenty scooter-rific, too :cool2:

(sabrina-II on the bench: she's sported everything else, and now she's getting ready for the EZM)

Attached Files:

2. Nice augidog! On a side not I'd like to talk Bonneville w/ you sometime!
  3. augidog

augidog Banned

contact me any time you'd like :cool:
  4. DetonatorTuning

DetonatorTuning Active Member

SWEET !! suspension's nice, eh ? i couldn't believe the diff. my "thud buster" seat post made, even on my hardtail.

does it feel alittle "twitchy" after riding the extra wheel base on Sabrina ?

5. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Neat, I like it. Full suspension bikes are the bawls, make the ride so much better.
  6. azbill

azbill Active Member

I like it :)
    my bet is that the softer on the rear/back ride, more than makes up for the quicker stearing :)
  7. augidog

augidog Banned

thanks, guys...i kinda stand-sit to ride this, and yes "twitchy" is a good adjective for the steering, but there's a bit more rake than many mtb's so it's not real bad. i can barely tuck behind the windshield, goggles peeking over. after i get sabrina (whom i miss dearly already, even with no suspension) ezm'd i'll work on stretching the swingarm on this one.

it IS a joy to ride...between the forks, seat, swingarm, and acrobat tires, the road surface is "featureless" :cool:
  8. DetonatorTuning

DetonatorTuning Active Member

EZM'd eh ?

which engine will you use ?

9. augidog

augidog Banned

the green one ;)
  10. augidog

augidog Banned

96oz. tank and 12v/7.5a battery...

Attached Files:

11. augidog

augidog Banned

fini! (for now)

some patience & a bit of wireloom...

almost a gal. of fuel combined:

the wheel's one "fat washer" to the right of center for drivering clearance.
    i compensated by shimming the mounting strap off-center also: