GEBE Long Distance Riders - Add a Tank for 50 oz of Extra Fuel

Well done on the pics! even a bonehead like me can install one now. Thanks for your contribution, AndyT. This is a "must have" mod for us long distance riders. I'm tired of having my backpack smelling like fuel from carrying a small bottle of gas sealed in plastic ziploc bags.

Hi Andy;
Small world. Just talked to Julia at GEBE. I'm attempting the very thing you've just done here. She will be pleased to see your post here. I must say, however, when you refer to "see Photo", I fail to see the photo or picture you refer too. LOL Although the tank is a little pricey it is the cleanest installation I've seen yet. Dennis at GEBE described a slightly difference fuel tube configuration. I wont detail it because it will but confuse the subject and I'm sure yours works too.

PS I over here in Memphis. LOL

I just got off the phone with Julia. I needed to order a front wheel. I mentioned that you had spoken with her today and she said "you must mean Bob, he's a super nice guy". She said she has been looking for a tank for you. She was excited to hear about this tank setup and I gave her a link to it.

So, you live a few hours away! We should do a ride sometime when the weather is better.

Well done on the pics! even a bonehead like me can install one now. Thanks for your contribution, AndyT. This is a "must have" mod for us long distance riders. I'm tired of having my backpack smelling like fuel from carrying a small bottle of gas sealed in plastic ziploc bags.

Man, it sounds like you could blow yourself up carrying gas that way. They would mistake you for a suicide bomber! Do this tank mod and be safe!

Sweet thread. I've been waiting for someone to post something like this.
Did you post pics of the finished project because I don't see them?

Andy says, "So, you live a few hours away! We should do a ride sometime when the weather is better."

I'm still dialing mine in. But the weather is still holding out here. I like the GEBE so much I got one for my wife's bike too.

Mine is a Cruzbike Recumbent with the cranks driving the front wheel. By driving the back wheel with the GEBE it makes my bike an all wheel drive vehicle. How cool is that? :D

Attachments

• IMG_1233.JPG
    IMG_1233.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 494
  • Trk.gif
    Trk.gif
    18.2 KB · Views: 541
Thats one Sweet Tank !!!!

I now have a winter project !!!!
Thanks for sharing the post ....

I'm still dialing mine in. But the weather is still holding out here. I like the GEBE so much I got one for my wife's bike too.

Mine is a Cruzbike Recumbent with the cranks driving the front wheel. By driving the back wheel with the GEBE it makes my bike an all wheel drive vehicle. How cool is that? :D

Your bike looks very nice. All wheel drive, just like my Subaru!

Why did you decide to build the recumbent?

Just a suggestion for your consideration. I have found an alternative tank see the link here;
http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=13
I found a thread discussing hikers and cycle guys who were using nalgene water containers to pack extra gas. I spied the above container at Nalgene site. Interested in your opinion.
I was considering making a carrying pouch out of some thick webbing polypropalene material I have laying around. In some sort of saddle bag configuration as a way of mounting it on the bike. The tank is priced at around $12. What do you think?

I now have a winter project !!!!
Thanks for sharing the post ....

The whole job should take a couple of hours. Maybe you get the chimp in your avatar to help and make it last all winter! The only tough part is drilling through the GEBE lower mount. Use a new USA made drill for best results.

I just installed mine... very easy, it took maybe an hour and a half. And good news... it definitely works on the robin subaru eh035!!! Its easy... all you have to do is run the fuel lines from the auxiliary tank up the support strap under the tank to the existing fuel lines, there is even a nice place to run the lines between the engine and the existing tank. Then use a plastic t fitting (available at home depot) to splice the auxiliary lines to the existing lines. It sucks from both tanks simultaneously.

Big ups to andyT for coming up with a great solution to our capacity problem... now I dont have to carry a Listerine bottle in my ammo can. THANKS!!!

If anybody is interested I will post some pics....

Back