GEBE wait list

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by softride, Jul 20, 2008.

1. softride

softride Member

I ordered a GEBE Tanaka 40 on June 16th
    and no word or replies to phone calls or emails has anyone been waiting longer than this

2. stringer

stringer Banned

I can understand that delays can happen for an infinite amount of reasons. And all the good things I hear about the GEBE system would probably make the wait well worth it.

But no responses to calls or emails after an extended period like that? Cant they just drop you a short email explaining the situation? Even staton will respond with an ignorant 4 word reply if you hound him enough. Thats just poor business practice.
  3. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

its because the masses have discoverd golden eagle & the mom & pop operation is trying to gear up with limited resources & staff ,sudden growth syndrome. it took me a while to get mine but worth every second i spent waiting for it, no more happytime engines for me!!! yahoo im free!!!!!
  4. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Can't buy a gebe here......
    Actually I can't even get them to answer an email and
    it was sent to their support email over 4 days ago
    I need a spoke install tool and some answers

How about this kit from down under?

They say they have an Australian patent.
    Anyone know anything about this kit?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  5. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hold your horses boys, they are going as fast as they can. have faith
  6. Warner

Warner Member

I received my Staton kit 10 days after placing the order. There ARE other options.....just a thought.

7. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

They were the first of the manufacturers I ever ran into on the web and I have bought two engines from them. a Zenoah & my current Tanaka.

I wouldnt have anything else to be honest

Jemma xx
  8. astring

astring Member

I just can't believe that they are not answering emails and calls. I called a week or so ago and they called back within an hour. I called again the same day for some clarification and they picked up (Julia put Dennis on and he talked me through the issue). I have also received answers to emails within a day. Why would they answer my calls but not yours, it makes no sense.:confused:
  9. cthomatz

cthomatz New Member

I waited over a month to get mine. The first time I called to see where my order was after waiting the couple of weeks I was told it would take. I could not get a hold of anyone on the phone. I sent a email. They responded with we can not find any order for your name. I kept calling and got someone to answer. He said that he thought he remembered taking my order and would check. He said that he would call me back the next day. Never did but emailed me a order number a couple days later. The email said that thet would send me a email saying when it shipped. I checked everyday for a email giving a shipping date. I never did get one, the kit just arrived one day. I am happy with it but if I had to do it again I would get a staton kit. I think that the belt tracking is a week point in the gebe system.
  10. looks like they copied some of GEBE

The drive ring and toothed belt and other parts look like a copy of the GEBE system. Wonder if a lawsuit will follow?
  11. Big Blue

Big Blue Member

I plan to get a GEBE too. after much reserch seems like a good place & good people to deal with. With whats happening in our country with the price of oil and the problems its causing you can't put the blame on GEBE, it's beyond thier control and they are probably as upset about it as we are. Thier comment on thier site says it all. Plus nobody has ever said they lost anything while dealing with GEBE. Lets stand behind them now, they will stand with us later on when we need help.
  12. Warner

Warner Member

They may BOTH have patents in their respective countries. Patent law is very complex (and I don't pretend to have a handle on it). It's one of those things that I think the expense of enforcing ends up falling on the person or company who feels their patent was infringed upon. A US patent or trademark does not automatically protect you in other countries. No international treaty completely defines patents; trademarks, copyright law or other forms of intellectual property, because the laws of various countries often differ from one another significantly. There is, therefore, no such thing as a truly international trademark, patent or copyright. To secure rights in another country you usually have to apply for a patent register or trade mark in each country you plan to enter. So if these guys are selling in the US, AND it can be proven that they've infringed upon GEBE's patent, there could be trouble.

FOLLOW UP - I found this on a site called "" Interesting:

Why should I protect my intellectual property abroad?
    "Most U.S. small businesses are not aware that their patent or trademark does not protect them in other countries. If you are an exporter, or think you might want to export in the future, you will need to seriously consider securing protection for your intellectual property (IP) in those foreign markets of interest to you. It is a good idea to get the appropriate forms of IP protection before you start doing business in another country.

Some U.S companies have found that foreign manufacturers have copied their products, packaging and business plans, even though they had never done business abroad. Foreign counterfeiters can easily steal your product pictures, brochures and logos from your website and register the material as their own inventions in their country, if you have not registered it there already. For this reason, some U.S. small companies seek trademark and patent protection in large potential markets well in advance of actually exporting to those markets."
  13. Big Blue

Big Blue Member

I want to deal with the people who have proven thier self to the other members on the forum. " I will only buy mine from GEBE " . If I do go with this drive system . They use American parts and put Americans to work, but not only that they have a track record that shows what thier product and service is worth.
  14. astring

astring Member

It was too good an idea, you knew there would be copies.
  15. softride

softride Member

Finally got a phone call through today the associate there said my kit had been shipped friday but had no tracking # UPS would not look for a package without a tracking # emailed GEBE sales received a tracking # from Julia within an hour ,When i got home tonight kit was on the door step Only thing missing was the extra gear i ordered .
    Thanks GEBE
    it looks like a great kit
  16. Warner

Warner Member

I agree completely with your reasoning. I chose the Staton kit for the same reasons.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  17. Accender

Accender Member

Your going to love your gebe when it comes.
    You have to post that experiance as well.