Gebe

Discussion in 'Rack Mounted Engines' started by Bonefish, May 13, 2014.

1. Bonefish

Bonefish Member

I've got a robin subaru eh035 sitting around and tomorrow I should have a Tanaka pf-4000.

I'm thinking about getting a GEBE. What are your thoughts(anyone)? I've already had 2 china girls, a staton shifter, 2 friction drives, and now a scooterguy/shifter with a honda gx35 on it. Anyone with GEBE experience with multiple years experience with one and does it sound like a good move? Thanks

2. cpuaid

cpuaid Member

if you want a super reliable all weather commuter setup with unsurpassed fuel economy, then the GEBE is what you want. i own 2 of them. one is 5 years old with 2,000+ miles (now used by the wife). the 2nd one is a year old with 3,800 miles and counting. i commute 25 miles daily, up to 6 days a week in light rain, freeze, light snow, and 110F+ Texas heat. take a look at my album and you can see whats up.

3. Bonefish

Bonefish Member

Thanks, I just ordered the GEBE Mount kit with a #13 gear for either the Subaru Robin or the Tanaka PF-4000. Ordered the HD rear wheel with it.

4. Bonefish

Bonefish Member

GEBE ran out of wheels over the Memorial day holiday. So my kit had to wait till today to get shipped out. I got a tracking number today. If the bike I'm going to put the GEBE kit on has a 7 speed cassette should I buy.........................................................
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/191153065299?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

to go with the HD GEBE wheel or does it come with the spacer/adjuster? Thanks

5. oops37

oops37 New Member

I have had a golden eagle bike kit since 2007 suburu 35 cc ive got 9800 miles very dependable in tha period of time I have used 3 belts an dhad the engine bracket welded twice

6. Hive

Hive Member

As implied, simple is best. GEBE is simple. How may posts deal with fixing or repairing? How many of those deal with a GEBE product? The suckers run and run a long time. You can add a fuel tank and unique stuff, but bottom line is carefree run time. Simple as that!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  7. bikejock

bikejock Member

I never tried a GEBE kit myself but I have been getting around on a Staton Inc. friction drive bike powered by a Honda GX35 for about a year now & hardly had any problems with it & I use it regularly.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  8. Bonefish

Bonefish Member

I never really had the opportunity to try the GEBE out. RS-68 was introduced which states you must have your motorbike registered and tagged and cannnot ride on the sidewalks so I sold the GEBE and bought a Honda Ruckus which I have been riding now for a year.