Gen 2 Schwinn Phantom Whizzer / Thank you to all who contribute here.

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by tom1850, May 5, 2013.

1. tom1850

tom1850 Member

I have been working on my Whizzer for about six weeks now.
    This is a Generation 2 reproduction of the 49 Schwinn Phantom, sporting an NE-5.

I purchased it from a guy in Central California, dragged it back to Palm Springs, took it apart and put it back together. Most of what I did were general tweaks to get it running and for a general knowledge of what I was riding. I really want to thank everyone here for the invaluable information and especially to Quenton who is one of the most gracious gentlemen and just a wealth of Whizzer and general engineering knowledge. There is no way to put a price on the information he and others have shared here to help me make it all work. THANK YOU.

Here are a few photos I took yesterday.

8sm.jpg 7sm.jpg 6sm.jpg 4sm.jpg 3sm.jpg 1sm.jpg 2sm.jpg

2. Racie35

Racie35 Member

The white with red looks great
  3. tom1850

tom1850 Member

Thank you Racie.
  4. prairieschooner

prairieschooner New Member

nice, I'll have to get some advice later after I get one, I am up the hill from you in Idyllwild.
  5. jbcruisin

jbcruisin Member

That is a nice bike. I like the vintage look.
  6. Mikkojay

Mikkojay New Member

Very cool! I dig the pinstripes on the tank, and the color & chrome combo look excellent together.
  7. tom1850

tom1850 Member

Thank you man. Coming from you is pretty cool as I know you are no stranger to motorized bikes. Tom
  8. tom1850

tom1850 Member

Sure prarieschooner. Anything I can do. Tom
  9. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

I like the white and red, love that chainguard look too. is this your first whizzer?

10. tom1850

tom1850 Member

Yes this is my first Whizzer. I have spent some time building 2 stroke bikes but it seems whence you go Whizzer you can't go back. Thanks for the comment.
  11. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

I know the feeling,once again, welcome to whizzer. your off to a great start.

12. tom1850

tom1850 Member

Thank you Ray.