General engine parts

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by Fly1, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Fly1

Fly1 Member

What is a good place to buy general engine parts for the china two strokes.
    I,m talking head gaskets, seals, pistons, overhaul gasket set, stuff like that.
    I have looked around & have not seemed to find a shop listing that kind
    of stuff.

Most have pipes, Hi compression heads & so on.Another thing, does anyone sell
    over sized piston & ring sets?
    Fly:cool2:

2. butre

butre Well-Known Member

you can't safely bore out a 66cc china 2 stroke, they're already bored by several millimeters. no oversize piston specifically for these engines exists. you can get almost every stock part at pistonbikes.com or sickbikeparts.com

3. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

When you remove the chrome from the bore what are you going to do then?

There is one guy boring them out and putting in an iron liner but it's over $175

4. butre

butre Well-Known Member

they're well worth that price though.

5. Fly1

Fly1 Member

Well I did not realize we were dealing with chrome bores.I told you I was a new guy, (wink).

Fly

6. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Can i please get a web link to the gentleman who is selling cylinders with an iron liner.

7. MotorBicycleRacing

8. butre

butre Well-Known Member

He goes by "Bert Rod" and only deals through Facebook. he does a billet cylinder too if you've got loads of cash burning a hole in your pocket

9. MotorBicycleRacing

Bert has made a few "billet" cylinders but not put any up for sale yet.
    Probably $400?

10848915_1512970058988088_7073269069763299154_o.jpg

10. butre

butre Well-Known Member

I was guessing closer to $475. I'd love to have one but they're a bit out of my price range.

11. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I don't have Facebook, for i deleted it 2 years ago.

Can you find out his email (or put him in contact with "motoredbikes"), so as to send him a purchase order for a billet cylinder, or at very least a cast iron liner.

12. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Also, Flyman, Bicycle Motor Works (one of the sponsors on the left of this page) gave me a good impression.

I just bought two engine kits from them. Good price and they behaved like professionals.

Their page lists a whole bunch of engine parts and various accessories and so on.

13. butre

butre Well-Known Member

you should be able to email him at 100008253252482@facebook.com. It'll go to whatever email address he signed up to facebook with, assuming he still has access to whatever that email address is.

14. gator joe

gator joe Member

Who is this guy and how do I get ahold of him.do u know anything about any of the work hes done...it looks ok but I would need a hole lot more details to believe its worth that type of cash. ...im just saying. ..not hateing on him hell id love one

15. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I have sent him an email, but there has been no response.

If he wishes to sell a complete billet cylinder, i would buy it in a heart beat.

16. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

It just seems silly to me drop that much money to try to push one of these engines even further past it's ability and current mod's.
    If you want a kick butt super reliable engine, buy one.
    In the end I'd bet the price is about the same anyway.

17. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

The SickBikeParts shift kit doesn't bolt up to any other 2-stroke engine, so if you wish to have gears (which we all do) and you want to stay 2-stroke, you're only option is to improve the Chinese 2-stroke centre mount bicycle engine.

The biggest issue with the Chinese 2-stroke engine is bore stability, due to rubbish metallurgy. This issue can be solved by manufacturing a billet cylinder. Actually, i would prefer a complete billet engine that bolts up to the SickBikeParts shift kit, but beggars can't be choosers, even though i have begged SickBikeParts to make a complete billet 2-stroke engine.

With that said, i want a billet big bore cylinder for the Chinese 2-stroke engine, if that's my only option.

18. MotorBicycleRacing

Iron sleeved and ported cylinders for $300

10865857_1513924555559305_1969626191479839434_o.jpg

19. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

What's the availability of a billet cylinder?