general questions and advice honda gxh50 users

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by fireball_jones, Aug 31, 2007.

1. hey guys and ladies, im installing a honda gxh50, with a grubbe gb i'd like to have some answers to my questions

1 can the engine be run with the muffeler that comes with the engine? a small box like shape or it does it perform better with the regular motorized bike muffeler?

2 how do you install the cable to the throttel arm on the engine body?

3 how to adjust idle speed?

4 improve carb performance?

5 get better milage?

6 what to hook the kill switch up to?

i know theres alot there but multiple problems can often solved simitiously trust me im a architect by profession for 18 years.

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

since the 4stroke kits are so new, there are only a few here with the honda
    give it a little time and you should get help with your questions
    soon, it will be you answering questions for others !
    (if they ever get gearboxes here in the states!)

3. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

I handle a few of those- As for the muffler, if you are using a rack mount, which I thought you mentioned somewhere else, would you want the exhaust shooting straight at your backside?...wait...don't answer that. As for performance, I don't know. I would use a muller that directed the exhaust away from me.

Kill swirch- there should be a wire comming out of the bottom of the engine. If you have a low oil shutdown, there is a yellow wire and a gray one going to the low oil switch. from the switch, there will be a gra or black wire. That is the kill switch. If it were me, I would run the black/gray wire to the switch and then back to a bolt on the engine case itself. I would not ground to the bike, frame, but many people do.

Idle speed- there is a screw adjustment that is a stop for the throttle arm, try that.

As for the other ones- once my kit arrives, should be soon, I'll let you know.

4. i though so much so, maybee the owners of the huasheng would be valuable contributors to the topic.
    i worked in the states several ago so i suppose i just have to..git err dun.

5. thanks houghmade i wellded on a deflector cap thanks for the kill swith info

6. RATRODER

RATRODER Guest

Fireball,I think the pix. help louis.

Attached Files:

7. MadPC

MadPC Guest

let me know cuz my Grubee stage 2 kit didn't come w/ the trottle metal piece... and how exactly did u have it setup?

Also, Please explain the kill switch wiring again...

8. well im getting close to install any more advice about anything????

9. also were there any good modification you guys have made?

10. MadPC

MadPC Guest

I'd love to make some mod on the kit too... After I fix this stalling problem!!

By the way, one suggest would be clean the tank w/ water and let it dry before you install it...

11. thanks madpc!! hope you get your stalling problem fixed sorry i cant help :(

would you recommend cleaning the tanks due to debris inside.?

12. japat100

japat100 Guest

i not sure if you should do his but i took a chance on an old gas tank that was full of rust etc ,,, and it turned out super clean ,,
    washed out the tank with diesel fuel picked up some small round rocks maybe about 30 rocks no sharp edges ,sprayed in some d w 40 to the mix ,,went to my friends paint store and stuck the tank in the paint shaker ,,and told everybody to stand back the hold think might blow up ,,,they of course all though i was nuts but i had the cleanest gas tank in 30 seconds , went home and washed it out again with diesel fuel ,,, perfect
    japat