Generic Dual Sports?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rain City, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Rain City

Rain City Member

I'm considering getting a cheap less than $1000 Dual Sport to compliment my driving/commuting. Yes I will still MB, but you can't beat going 40-50 on my fav Seattle pseudo-highway-streets.

How I see it, they're pretty light, good for a beginner, I'm not trying to go on the innerstates anyways, and they get sweet gas milage.

Has anyone had any experience with generic or other Dual Sports?

2. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

If you get one, get one made by Lifan. They have a very good reputation for quality. (They are often sold under different private labels, so ask for proof on who made it) I have a Lifan LF110GY-3 (Honda Trail Cub clone) and it has over 1200km and never a problem. I can cruise at over 50mph on a flat surface with the 110cc 4 stroke engine and the 4 speed tranny, and it gets almost 100mpg.

I was looking to buy the 200cc Dual Sport, or the 200cc sport bike, but the dealer was basically sold out for the season and all he had left (that were street legal) were the little Trail Cubs.

Just make sure you go over all the hardware, making sure things are tight. Adjust the throttle, clutch and brake cables if necessary. Most of these bikes are sent to you in a crate and you are responsible for the "dealer prep". I bought mine from a dealer, but it looks like they didn't spend a lot of time making sure that it was prepped properly.

Good Luck!

3. Rain City

Rain City Member

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna dive into a learning project, and buy an old enduro to restore.

I don't know much about doing this? But it's definantly gonna be going head first. HAH at least i'll have a MB to get around on while this is happening...

Rain