getting a little uptight around here !!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mountainman, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

it's been getting a little uptight around here

many it seems can not wait to tear into someTHING or someone

even I have been guilty of this
    the MB dealer in LA that sniffs the smog of the big city
    wishes to place a few attacks my way
    I will admit than instead of letting it all go
    I perfer at times to tell him where he can go !!!

then many of the vendors are going round and round
    new rules
    wrapping some of them very tight

time for a group motor bike hug with a long ride !!

please share your thoughts -- what's going on here ??

ride that MB THING

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

It's growing pains, MM. This joint has an awesomely diverse collection of mostly rather odd-ball folks - you and I both included.

Anytime you build a new machine, or want to increase the power/capabilities of an old one, there's a break-in period before the rough edges wear a bit and it runs smoothly. The thing to remember is that this forum is a machine for social interaction and information sharing, it's constantly getting tweaks and bits of custom work added/done on it, and it consequently is always at least in part in a break-in period. Sometimes you end up with metal shavings in the crankcase and need to change the oil.

3. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

I get uptight sometimes and I'm sorry.

Whenever you have two people in a discussion there is bound to be dabate/disagreement/other emotions.

When you have over 5,000 people in a room you'll have friction.:detective:

Actually we're doing EXTREMELY well for a LARGE awesome bunch of guys thinking a lot and sharing ideas.

Remember we are pioneers in the MB field. You can ALWAYS expect some people to say "Are you nuts? That's not gonna work!":jester:

4. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

I sometimes lurk in a forum dedicated to pedal biking. The reason I don't join in is because (some of) those people are jerks. They're either telling each other how stupid they are or bragging about the expensive equipment they have.

This is a very, very friendly forum in comparison.

5. Golddustpeak

Golddustpeak New Member

Hang in there.............

I've found no better a source for information than from these forms and Folks!

6. Mountainman

well I didn't go down the mountain for a motor bike ride
    but the little Lady and I did go down the mountain so as to
    take our miniature goats to Lindo Lake Park

it's such a great THING -- sweet little goats -- people enjoy seeing them so much !!!

if more of that would rub off on me
    maybe no longer blinded
    and I could see
    out of the darkness that blocks the light
    makes us lose track of where we are
    causing one to wish to fight
    flexing musles
    wanting others to take flight
    on my kness asking forgiveness
    before going to bed at night

as SS kind of said -- the melting pot -- we are all a work in progress

dream and dream about a motor bike machine

7. Mountainman

it takes one to know one

it takes one to know one SS

and you got me there that's for sure !!!

have a good day guy

from -- MM

8. Mountainman

things are not getting any better around here
    glad there is an ignor button though
    didn't think that I ever would -- but it came in handy !!!

need not go to that place anymore
    life is short and I wish not to get into trouble today -- one day at a time

I am grateful that on site moderators
    got rid of the little super punk --- inforwarrior -- or named something like that
    what an insulting little fool
    he did not last long

one Lady moderator stepped down from her position

long time member -- out of here
    he has some issues -- but -- loves motor bikes

got to love the full time stalker here -- he is really something
    how does one run a business when they are on the computer all day long ???

just an amazing place in which we live...

most here on site are good people -- it's a good THING

MM

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  9. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Yeah, that guy "infowarrior" sure didn't last long did he? I only saw one of his posts. And that was only because someone quoted him before his posts were deleted. But it was awfully rude. He managed to get banned in one day, I think. His other posts must have been pretty awful.

but he was an anomaly. He must have been literally trying to be a jerk. And he's the only one I've seen that fits that description.

I've looked over a number of forums (mostly political and bicycle) and none of the others interested me for more than a couple of days. It's because they were (really) filled with what can only be called garbage. Hate filled rants, spam, long-winded, narcissistic bragging, etc.

This forum has only a very little bit of such stuff mixed in with a whole lot of useful info and discussion. I don't doubt for a minute that the moderators deserve a good deal of credit for this. They probably do a lot of weeding that we never see. But also the members seem to still have the community spirit.

"A little uptight"? Maybe sometimes. But it could be so much worse.

10. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

`

I'm supposing, because my reply got zapped too, that was where I said I'd be ignoring his info. There are a LOT of replies getting removed, which sometimes gets confusing. I'm assuming "infoboy" infractions happened in Chat, which I wouldn't know about.

The purpose of the forum is to give non-bogus advise. People have two reasons to be here, to ask questions and to give experienced answers.

Nobody, after they've spent hundreds of dollars, want to be told they are all wrong in their choice, what they want to know is how to fix it, and fix it permanently. Don't jump into a reply to tell somebody they are "wrong wrong wrong, shoulda coulda"....wait a bit to see if somebody can put a positive response, ESPECIALLY somebody familiar with the problem.

If a person comes aboard and follows the threads, makes his/her choices and purchases, they can immediately become experts, to that bike frame and motor choice. They put money in the game.

If a person finds us after they've had problems, we usually are able to get them running in a week, and at less than $50 of upgrading.

But when a person comes to the forum with an argumentative attitude, not knowing the full history of the forum memberships, WHO NEEDS HIM?? That unfoguy should have been warned about it, first smart***y moment, three strikes and you are out.

It's a free country, and they are free to go pester somebody else, and we are free to avoid bogusness.

I regret Duane/Thatsdax doesn't post here any more, was afraid we were going to lose Rif/Uncle Punk_13.

I missed the blow-up of '08, but I don't push GEBE's, just give my advise to folks who are thinking of putting $600 in a kit, to get it running like it is expected to do.

Luckily, I've rode nearly every other engine system, but you'll not see me give Happy Time advise, there are real experts in that area. That was Tom's whole reason for starting the forum, to translate the carppy instructions folks got with e-bay purchases.

None of my customers, nor prospective customers, post on either of the forums, it's too confusing.

I'm not in the hobby to argue apples and oranges, just build bikes. And I try to build them so solid, the customers are out there riding and smiling, and not on-line bellyaching.

All's I ask is folks get clear on the NEW thread titles, model of bike or name of engine, if they can, so the experts in those areas see them quicker.

11. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

I am in Orange County.....please get it right
    I am gonna be at the EL Dorado Park meet with bells on.....are you?
    Do you need some help with the gas or a train ticket?
    I have a special door prize for you :devilish:
    If you don't show, I am gonna have to give it to someone else

There will also be a prize for the longest distance to the meet, we are
    gonna have a GOOD TIME!!!

I am online 24 hours a day checking my email like a great business man.....
    and I answer my phone before and after the sale. :devilish:
    and I love to multitask....

You are great at mouthing off in this thread.....seems like you are breaking a few site rules too....
    Are you showing up at the Meet or staying home behind the keyboard, MM?????

PS: Bring some of those dwarf goats and we will barbeque them, even though I
    am a vegetarian so I won't be partaking. :jester: :devilish:

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  12. Mountainman

what ever Forbisher
    go start your own thread dude

not like I would care to read it
    but at least it would be yours

MM

13. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Hey MM
    Don't ever call me dude.....
    You big mouth about me and you don't want me to answer?
    Huh?
    How does that work?

See you at El Dorado park June 14th at high noon, dude! :devilish:

Be there or be square cause we are gonna have a good time....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.