Getting a new GEBE kit.

LabRat63

Local time
8:19 AM
I am getting my tax refund around the 8th. I have decided on the 32cc Tanaka PureFire 2-Stroke and a cheap bike from Walmart (to be upgraded when I can afford it)

Will the gas tank and twist throttle from the Kings Motorbikes kits work with GEBE kits? And should I order a spare belt with the kit? What else do I need?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Good going !:D
Me? I don't know hebe's from GEBE'S,,, but someone will be along to help with the info that is evading you.

And don't forget to mention to Dennis or Julia,,,,,,heard about them on MBc. :cool:

Papa

If you have the extra cash, yes, order a spare belt; as you learn the unique nuances of the gebe system you will be glad you had the foresight to have an extra belt on hand. You won't be frustrated with down time waiting for a new one to arrive. Good choice by the way!

Good choice :)

I have the 32cc kit on a Schwinn D7 with various additions...

truing the sheave is a must and also its advisable to get a U stand so you can work on the back wheel (punctures etc)

there are boost bottles and tuned pipes available for this engine - should be good for maybe 35-38 mph top speed on the flat with these additions..

good luck with it and hope things go well...

BE SURE to tighten everything - and then after the first little while re-tighten... things *will* work loose..

Jemma xx

Next question I have probably should have been my first. Has anyone here had both the 32cc AND 40cc Tanakas? Is there any significant difference between them? I would like to get the 40cc, but the 32cc will be more manageable budgetwise.

I have a 40cc...don't really think the extra cc's or bit of extra hp and torque are that significant nor is it that much faster... 32's gas mileage is better and it's quieter...probably the better choice. Bigger is not always better.

32cc kit ordered, should be here Tue or Wed. Getting bike today.

Is an Opticube an adequate headlight? Money is real tight right now, so I need to find the cheapest headlight I can.

I'll get something better in a month or two when I can afford it, but I know none of that junk from Walmart will be good enough.

my opinion: no basic bicycle light is going to satisfy you at 30mph...it will mostly just serve to make you visible...might as well go as cheap as you can, you'll be wanting something better very soon. there are a couple of homemade lighting projects happening, if you're handy you might consider building something with some real lumens.

My Limited

Experience over three engine installs is to be patient.

When I ordered my first engine, I had a list of items to do that was a mile long.

Fortunately, my typical procrastination turned out to be a benefit, in that by the time I received the engine and began to install it, I found most of the stuff I thought I needed was not necessary and overkill.

Besides, I had much to occupy myself with unplanned fitting and problem solving due to the frame I was working with, which called for some careful analysis before putting things together. I learned that simple is best.

For example, the dropouts were recessed cnc machined aluminum as was the frame seat clamp and I did not wish to mess up bike by rushing work. Amazing what a few SS washers and longer axle can do ... if you have the patience to work it out and wait until the right parts and tools are available.

Three bikes later (only two engines) I understand that these are bicycles and though motorized, need to be seen as not motorcycles.

FWIIW, I went from 25cc 4-cycle which I loved and ran great, but would not take me up my hill-street easily, to Tanaka 3300 which solved the problem and I like the light torqy motor and fast enough for a bike and me.

Take it easy and have fun with the project - one patient step at a time.

Life is short enough without increasing grief more than is necessary. Makes it way more fun.

BTW, Augi is right about the trigger throttle. Simple and works. And, I think safer to make quick stops, if needed.

Here is pic of variation using Sinz brake lever...

Attachments

• Gruv23.jpg
    Gruv23.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 443
Last edited by a moderator:
Back