Getting a new GEBE kit.

*Sigh* Motor is due tomorrow, for all the good it will do me...

Winter storms through noon tomorrow. My pretty new bike is a pretty ice sculpture now. :(

The Snow

Gives us time to plan, if that is any consolation. I hate the stuff, being a steelhead fisherman, beer guzzler and standing in fast running creek true warm weather person. No wonder the ancients celebrated the winter solstice in earnest. (Now Christmas.)

If it is any help, my bike hangs above the engine in garage, but I have the basic parts for another muffler experiment to put on my T-3300 sitting on coffee table. And, though I have the urge to put it together and maybe three variations as more experiments, I look out at the new snow and simple think, "screw it! Can't run bike anyway."

Why I usually color my words green...

More time to plan :(

02/13/2008 7:05 P.M. EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL
02/13/2008 6:13 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
02/13/2008 5:56 A.M. DESTINATION SCAN
02/13/2008 5:10 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

It will all fall into place labrat. Where do you live? I am in North Dakota....-10 below and a foot of snow on the ground!

Ten below, huh, makes me mighty thankful for my 57 degrees, even though the forecast calls for rain.

Yeah...negative 10 below zero! Tonite it will get to -25...not a place for the faint of heart..only the slightly insane. My GEBE has been sitting in the garage since the end of october 07...start it once every couple of weeks to keep it loose. I used to leave my motorcycles sit all winter and come spring they started right up...lawn equipment too. I don't subscribe to all the winterizing BS.

Well, I did get a nice sunny 66 degree ride Sunday. But come August, you'll be stripped down to your sneakers and a helmet while the temperature and humidity are in a race to see who reaches 100 first.

Labrat, it could be worse. Anything that doesn't fit easily in the back seat of a bush-plane comes to me either by truck via Fairbanks and Anchorage, or a tugboat pulls it on a barge from Seattle. I've been waiting since the end of '07 for an exhaust pipe.

Back