Getting rid of your belt tensioner

Z

Zomby Builder

I have had a belt tensioner on my bike for quite some time. It has been used both with the Manual & Auto clutch because it's a Schwinn frame & could never get the tension just right. So I finally wore out the tensioner mounting bracket & decided to try one of these adjustable belts.

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

It was $63.00 for 2 meters after delivery. Hooked up & worked smooth & the length was just right. I wished I had found these earlier. There is enough for two & a half small belts. Good Bye belt tensioner....

http://shop.fennerdrives.com/CGI-BI...+sid=c6f436f97220fae5b6a82d5700036687027f87cc

Yes, just the stock pulleys. I'm running a 70 mm autoclutch, but the 70 mm has the same size outside pulley as the 90. This belt really grips well. I can't make it slip.

I have been looking at those belts for a while to make switching my auto clutches from 90mm to 70mm and back much easier and quicker (don't have to remove the back wheel to change belts). Just wasn't sure how well they would work on my Whizzer.

Randy

So far so good

I like the way this belt works. You have to twist it inside out to take it apart, but it would be easier than removing the rear wheel. You would just need to add or subtract a couple links when you did the switch. The material that these are made of is very tough.

Think I'll try it when I get caught up, busy installing a lift in the garage right now. Will post the results after some testing of the clutch and belt swaping.

Randy

Back