Getting started- Schwinn OCC Chopper

str8outtha9c

Local time
8:36 AM
Ok, here's my bike: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a339/urahoecallme/Picture045-3.jpg

I have a complete pocket bike (that doesn't run) that I think I'm going to use for parts. I will be taking things like throttle and maybe motor if possible. Would a 49cc run this bike at a decent speed? Is it too complicated of a conversion to do? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
WELCOME to MBc! There are a lot of threads here with the OCC bike it's very doable.
It might be easier going with the kit but members here have used their own ways as well.
We have a few members here on Dial up so with that we don't allow image tags. It will be fixed for you soon.
That's a sweet bike,man. Do a search on OCC Chopper in advanced search under picture gallery,sit back,and enjoy the show!

Last edited by a moderator:
Better watch out, tater is going to come and steal your front fork so he can have two sets of brakes :)
Search around there are a lot of conversion kits available for the stingrays. I have no idea how you'd hook up a pocketbike engine to it we would need many pictures. Welcome to mbc.

WELCOME to MBc! There are a lot of threads here with the OCC bike it's very doable.
It might be easier going with the kit but members here have used their own ways as well.
We have a few members here on Dial up so with that we don't allow image tags. It will be fixed for you soon.
That's a sweet bike,man. Do a search on OCC Chopper in advanced search under picture gallery,sit back,and enjoy the show!

Sorry I should have read the instructions thoroughly. I wondered why there wasn't a img tags link. Well, I just clicked on the thatsdax.com ad on the side and saw a kit for $189.00. Seems like a good deal! Would that do good on this bike? it's a 65cc motor. I have noticed most of the schwinn occ choppers that are motorized are usually kept simple. I would like to make mine look different. I would like it to look similar to this: http://i25.tinypic.com/b63mgx.jpg

As for the brakes, the brakes on this thing are horrible! I'm going to upgrade to disc brakes off lowrider bikes. I put a lowrider front wheel on because I didn't like the 24inch wheel this bike came with. My father picked this bike up at a yard sale for 20 bucks. So I would like to make the best of it. lol

I heard livefast has a good conversion kit for the stingrays. I used their hub mount for the rear sprocket and a heavy duty motor mount from ebay that requires frame drilling. I think tater and azvinnie used the same motor mount so its a sure deal.

Cool, I'm going to check it out. Hopefully I can order this motor kit tomorrow. I just have to make sure my father can loan me the cash because I have cash now, but I need to pay for a tag and registration for my truck.

Back