Ghost Pedalling 1-2-3

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Mountainman, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

Do you ever GHOST PEDAL on your MB ? Why ?

Although I have done what I can do
    to be legal here in Calif.
    when I see the pooolice -- I GHOST PEDAL...

There are some known UPTIGHT TOWNS nearby
    which I am forced to ride through from time to time
    no pull overs to date...

Even when it's not for the pooolice
    around the public and others
    when MB ers really wish not to be noticed ---- GHOST PEDAL ????

Ride That Thing
    Happy Riding from - Mountainman
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2008

2. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Maybe you should change your chainring to be able to pedal along with the engine. More exercise and better MPG. So you win all around.

I have a NV hub so I never ghost pedal, whenever I pedal i feel resistance on the pedals. I always pedal up hills as there are a ton of them around here. I pedal from a dead stop and during acceleration and even pedal downhill sometimes when I'm freewheeling just so I don't have to wind up the engine again. So I guess I pedal most of the time. I'm not pedaling when I'm resting or when I'm just putting along enjoying the scenery.
  3. s_beaudry

s_beaudry Member

No ghost pedaling here for me....

I take full advantage of that little engine!
  4. wayde

wayde Guest

I ghost pedal ........ backwards for the people that stare at me with the blank looks on their faces
  5. I pedal for exercise. My bike is legal here in Mass so I don't have to worry about it, but in the 5 miles I did today I saw not one cop.

I pedal to keep the speed up but then I have a weedwacker bike... I can't wait to get my 4 stroke finished.
  6. Accender

Accender Member

yeppers I ghost peddle,
    hyper peddling hurts my knees.

7. Simon_A

Simon_A Member

I do the same thing
  8. ecog

ecog New Member

me three...

I found a guy on the web someplace who actually rigged his pedals to work when pedaled backward. It was quite involved but he managed to make it work.
  9. alex

alex Guest

I only ghost peddal when i see the cops. But I usually get thumbs up from the cops anyway. (they aren't as easily fooled as we would like to believe).
  10. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Of course they aren't, The only time people who have MB's get police problems is if they have complaints, are riding like retards, or the cop is male PMSing on a powertrip. I believe for the most part cops see us as harmless as we truly are. Just out to have a little fun tinkering and riding and for the most part their only concern is the fact that some crazy cager will run us over.
  11. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

That is true alex -- some wish not to believe it - but - many pooolice officers either in the past or now own motor bikes. Many also know about engine sizes - hard to fool someone - who has an idea of what's going on.

What is a fool ?
    A fool is one who fools himself...

Ride That Thing - Mountainman