Ghost0's new MB Cruiser

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Ghost0, May 4, 2008.

1. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

Attached Files:

2. Very nice. Hows the jackshaft working out? Great idea on the dual pull brake setup...
  3. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

Jackshaft is working great. It is real enjoyable now that I got a grip shift. Can't take credit for the brakes, saw another member do it. It was just too easy and better than the dual pull units you can buy.
  4. Nice! Is your product all ready?
    I mean..that's REALLY nice,man.
    Great work.
  5. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I like it....looks like a really solid set-up!!
  6. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

wow, nice bike! is that a new engine or the old one swapped over from your mountain bike? I only noticed the jackshaft on the second look, very clean and professional looking! I bet that goes a lot faster than it looks!
  7. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

Looks like early June for jackshaft kit release date.

New engine, old pipe.
  8. graucho

graucho Active Member

Beautiful! So does this make it a 7 speed? I noticed the pipe. Looks like it holding up great. graucho
  9. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

Actually it is a 6 speed, or at least that is how many gears I have on my rear cassette. 6 is actually too many in my opinion, the engine has a wider powerband than us humans. I usually shift 2 gears at a time. First gear is so low I can start from a stop with the clutch no problem and at idle is slower than a walk but it will pull any hill you can throw at it. 6th gear is actually too tall. The motor won't pull it on a flat road. I get a higher top speed in 5th. But the extra gear is nice when going down a hill at speed to keep the engine rpm low.
  10. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Very, very nice modifications. The jackshaft drive is cool. And the simple conversion of single cable brake handle to double is pure genius.
  11. So does the chain turn the front sprocket independently of the pedals? If so, how did you do that?
  12. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

Yes the front chainring does rotate independent of the cranks. It uses a front freewheel.
  13. impression

impression Member

been looking for a front freewheel setup like yours :/ love the idea of having gears :D
  14. meatball758

meatball758 Member

Jack shat is the way to go..i have been wanting to do this on my next build...Did the bike have 2 sprockets on the front or did you add the drive...Hurry and market them..I want one....thanks Kim...aka Meatball...
  15. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

The drive system is of my design and should be available within 30 days. My business associate and I are cutting purchase orders to our suppliers as we speak.
  16. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

what is the top speed
  17. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

Top speed is dependent on many factors, mostly your engine. Lets just say 35 mph is easy and my engine is not broken in yet.
  18. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Nice touch with the clear plastic chainring guard. Wouldn't want to get a cuff caught in that at speed. Very good work.
  19. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

Thanks Van,
    I just added another chain guard for the small sprocket too.

Attached Files:

20. impression

impression Member

hmm, i'll need to get a crank/front sprocket set that will freespinso i could use your kit/gears :/

any suggestions ?