IMG_0008.jpg
    577.6 KB · Views: 1,260
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 1,524
  • brakes1.jpg
    brakes1.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 2,017
You did so many upgrades to that HT its almost a totally different animal.
They should really have this stuff as standard equipment. Way to go ghost, fantastic work. Somebody could make an awesome off-roader with that setup.
Now does it bump start direct from the pedals? I wouldn't think the rear wheel freewheel would allow it otherwise. Cool stuff.

Starting directly from the pedals takes a little getting used to but once you figure out that the speed the bike is traveling doesn't help you start it, it isn't a problem. Since I am right footed I just set my right pedal up at a 45 deg angle, get off the saddle and put a little weight on the pedal. Once you start it turning it is really easy to continue pedaling.

Looks like a KILLER project...but didn't you actually transform your motorized bike into a motorcycle?

I'm wondering how safe it is to go that fast on a bike? Also, have you been stopped by "the man" yet?

It is no more a motorcycle than any other members motorized bike, it just happens to have the ability to shift gears.

Safe is how you ride not how fast you go.

Teriffic looking man,attention to detail really pays-off.
I'm just about to give-up on these HT's because of the poor quality but you've given me second thoughts.If only they were made up to a standard & not down to a price,i'de happily pay more.

I love the refinements, Ghost! If I had a frame mount, I'd have to steal your paint job look. This is an extremely feature-filled bike... how much approx time would you say you put into this cruiser??

I too would have to check it out, if only Happy Times were made in any other country.

Actually didn't take much time. The only thing that I did was paint the fenders, tank and jackshaft components to match the frame. I added a grip shift which is a must with the jackshaft kit, makes it real easy to shift and the dual pull brake set up. The rest is the way the bike came.

I have to agree with you about the HT. Although I have yet to have a failure, I have not been that impressed. I have, or have assembled, 4 kits now and they all run, but not as good as they should.

Here's a noob question, being my first post on these forums:
( I hope i don't get flamed for this! :???: )

With your setup, wouldn't the pedals spin since the motor is turning the crank? I'm only asking this because I plan on setting up my next project the same way.

Thanks in advance,
Josh

There is a freewheel on the cranks so you can pedal normally but once the engine starts the freewheel allows the chainring to spin but not the pedals.

Back