Giant Rincon for next bike

Bigfourty

Local time
6:34 PM
Wanted to get opinions about the Giant Rincon....... Was thinking about buying it as my next bike project for this winter. So far, I have built 4 bikes. All cheapies, mountain bike style, with 2 sroke motors. Was thinking about a bike upgrade, and installing a 4 stroke, and SBP shift kit for this one. Really like the fact that it has disk brakes, instead of centerpull, its comfortable, and seems to be qualitly built! I ride my bike daily, 16 miles 1 way to work, 2 times a day, for a total of 64 miles, not including trips to the barleypop store, or the bar! I like my saddlebags, therefore not really considering a GEBE, although I have looked into them. But, bottom line, what do you think of the Rubicon, or, suggest another bike in the same catagory.....

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Last edited:
I have a Giant Rincon, non motorized , & it has served me well. Mine is 21 spd , made in the late 1990's. I have always thought that Giant makes about the best bike, for the money. You will never regret it once you have a better quality motor kit,,, & bike !

I bought a GIANT boulder earlier this year for my GEBE setup, and I have to say that the bike is rock solid, and by far, the BEST bike I have ever owned.

300+ miles on it now and not a single issue with anything on it!

You get what you pay for!

"You get what you pay for" is exactly what I was thinking! Thanks guys, for your input! Am sreiously thinking about the rubicon, but, now have to go look at the boulder....... $500 for the rubicon... By the time I'm done with shift kit and moter, bells and whistles, I'm sure I'll be over $1000....

Mike

Back