Giving Back!

Quenton Guenther

Vendor
Local time
12:47 AM
Giving Back!

Hello fellow motorbikers,

Thank everyone for a record-breaking year at EZM. We more than doubled production in 2011, and still had problems keeping up with the demand. We couldn't have done it without everyone's support. Record sales in a poor economy, must be the 175-MPG.

I have been involved with motorbikes and motorcycles for the last 53 years [had a Whizzer at 13 years old], and competed as a professional motorcycle racer for 15 of those years, I still remember winning my first race for a trophy [Greenville, OH].

We would like to pass on the great feeling of winning! America became great over good competition.

We will sponsor a 4-stroke build-off on this site. We will help start the process, purchase the awards, and ask others to judge the winners. Hopefully we can enlist a few of the moderators on this site to judge the event, as it wouldn't be fair for us to do so. I know the moderators are very busy and hope they can find extra time to help in the process

The purpose is to reward [give back] efforts for individualism, design, and the DIY spirit.

We are excited to see some great builds, and want to support everyone’s ideas and spirit.

Although we are sponsoring the 4-stroke build-off, it is important that all options are represented, not just EZM products. I will list the basic rules of the contest, and would look for any input to make it better. Please don't hesitate to help, as we need your input.

Rules for the 2012 four-stroke build-off:
1. Only 4-stroke motors [any size, age, or brand].
2. Any 4-stroke motor or kit can enter, NOT limited to EZM kits or Q-Matic drives.
3. Must document start of build with pictures.
4. Must post which class you are entering.
5. Will start now, and end on American holiday 4th of July 2012
6. Any build started but not completed can enter.
7. Any bikes already completed and only being "upgraded" can't enter.
8. EZM will not judge contest, but ask others to do so.
9. Entry must be completed before July 5, 2012
10. Production motorbikes not eligible [Whizzer, Tomos, etc]
11. Any one in any country can enter, not just America.

Four Classis:
Cruiser
Stretch cruiser
MTB
Vintage [bike must be older than 1980 or American made]

If enough interest we will consider Trike and Tandem.

If any one has any suggestions for rules, please inform us ASAP.

We will start a new thread called '2012 4-Stroke Build-Off sponsored by EZM"

Happy New Year, and let's have some fun!

Last edited:
No performance category? I got a liquid cooled 31cc 4+hp hybrid I wanted to put on a bike but never had a reason.

Hi Quenton -

I'm in. This could be the motivation I need during these cold days. My bike has been taken apart and re-welded into yet another configuration, the third one to date. All my parts and pieces are in cardboard boxes, waiting to be assembled (again). I will get fresh batteries for the camera and headlights, and dig up the 12 Volt sealed battery and get started. . . .

MikeJ

Fantastic!

Go for it.

I think this should be a lot fun.

Of course I can't join in, but I sure will enjoy checking out all the builds.

I will start a new post in a couple of days just for the Build-Off.

Have fun,

I'm going to disqualify myself from this,in the spirit of this competiton I don't think my manufacturing and engineering capability is within the scope of what hobbiests could produce.

Im glad you are doing this over here this year Quenton. Honestly I was dissapointed the one last year on the other forum was called off so to speak. I think I might enter this year.

Back