Godzilla Chain

DetonatorTuning

Local time
7:23 PM
gentlemen i have found the holy grail of chain.

Spank Tweet Tweet chain in colors. i like either black or chrome but there's red, blue and purple too.

the problem with most chain of very high strength is that you have to go 3/16" wide to get heavy inside link plates. the best of that type is KMC K910 and it has about 1500 tensil.

this stuff is all heavy one piece offset half links and a tensil of 2800+. being just 1/8" wide it will give more chain line adjustment and clearance than the huge 3/16" chains.

you can find this chain listed at www.bti-usa.com , part # SP-1591

steve

no, the inside measurement of the rollers is 1/8" it's the same inside width as #41 chain but smoother running.

Last edited:
Steve,

Have you determined wether or not you can buy from BTI direct thru their website? I was under the impression that BTI was strictly a wholesaler to bike shopes?

ocscully

DT, don't mean to threadjack but I'm thinking about adding a jackshaft to my foward gearbox mount (full suspension bike) and try a Sick crank. What do you think.

Hi Kerf,

i had posted another whole reponse then noted that you were talking about the goose probably.

that's going to be a problem, it's the pivot you know.

i can see how you could do it by mounting a shaft on the front of the swing arm somehow, but you 'd loose the use of your pedals.

let me look at things for a day or too, in the mean time PM brother Graucho or Zomby those guys are fabbing wizards.

glad to see you escaped the "white zone" by the way, i've missed ya.

steve

Last edited:
I venture out occasionally. Just got back from my early morning ride, haven't been riding much, weather has been cold or wet forever. Thinking about a spring loaded idler on the jack shaft to chain ring run. That would allow changes in geometry as the suspension flexed.

I see you've mounted to the crossbar, hows that working.

Back