going through back wheels like crazy

Nitropeewee

Local time
1:59 AM
should i just go fer a shift kit n a 3 speed hub er just ditch the curzer style bike n get a shift kit n sacrifice my mountain bike?

Sorry, but I don't understand. How does "going through back wheels" have anything to do with a shift kit. Do you believe that a shift kit will make your rear wheel wear less?

When your talking about a three speed hub are you talking about a Sturmey Archer one? or some other brand? Have you figured out how your going to bolt the engine sprocket on? Will the drum brake get in the way?

Please Explain.

Also, please use proper spelling and grammar, its really hard to understand you.

Let's see.....I'm figuring that you must have a single speed beach cruiser with a coaster brake? And one or two wheel hubs have ripped apart on you? That's the way I'm reading it. I think cheeseman is right that a 3-speed hub is not going to work. At least I can't see any way of installing the drive sprocket to that.

A multi-speed, derrailleur (de-railer) type wheel (with or without shift kit) is just about your best bet.

Though most of us agree with you, cheeseman, in that we prefer good spelling and punctuation, the consensus here seems to be that we don't make an issue of it. Writing well simply comes more easily to some people than to others and we don't want to make good people feel unwelcome over something that's not terribly important. If a post is just too difficult to read, then we don't finish reading it and we don't answer. I'm not speaking for everyone here, of course. But I have noticed that this issue is not productive.

Thank u both very much. think im gona stick with the 3 speed interal hub. i will also work on the other stuff too :rolleyes:

I have had this problem too! I took the u chanel that the motor mounts too and, drilled four holes to move the motor to the left side of the bike. I moved the motor 3/8 of an inch! Then I turned the rear sproket around. I now have far less of the chain hitting the tire! I don't thiink we can stop it all togather.

I also went through rear wheels like crazy like one a week.
In my opinion the newer bicycles are junk
I had to use a 26i inch coaster brake rear wheel
off a decades old womans schwinn junk bike, the only wheel I could find..
I am still using it LOL.

Whatta difference.

Be sure to use a street tread. Off road tires wear much faster on the asphalt.

Back