Golden Eagle Bike Engines and Accidents

agoetz616

Local time
9:41 AM
Hi, I am thinking of getting a Golden Eagle Bike Engine
( http://www.bikeengines.com/orderpage2.htm )
for my full suspension mountain bike and putting a heavy duty rear wheel on it also. Their customer reviews show an awesome product due to their Harley style cogged kevlar belt drive system and the four high quality engine choices they offer, but I am concerned that accidents might be more common on these than anyone is saying. Any info on accidents? I have personal knowledge of too many bikers being run over, even in bike lanes on bridges. Even a Harley Davidson riding couple each lost a leg recently up here, due to an inattentive driver pulling out in front of them.

Regards,

agoetz616

good choice in an engine kit... the GEBE and staton kits are the best out there. As far as accidents... I ride mine all the time, not anymore dangerous than riding any other MB. In fact if you are using the chain tensioner that comes withe the cheapo 2 stroke Chinese ht kits... I would say that GEBE kit is way safer.

I wish I could have a Golden Eagle! Wow that is the deluxe kit!

I agree that the chainstay mounted roller devices with the china kits are scary! I'm not using mine, and if I do ever, it will be on the pedal side. I've heard of people using set screws on the bracket or tack welding it to the frame, but if it ever moves or busts loose, it will wreck the wheel and throw the chain at the same time.
EDIT. Aussie Steve, the king of motor bicycles, has collected photos of people's builds that use "straps" or plates to mount their rollers to both chain and seat stays! Wow. That's innovation.

The Golden Eagle looks like they have totally licked this problem, with a belt that never slips!

Last edited:
America is wierd. The country that gave the world the motorcycle acts today like they've never seen these things!

Last edited:
Hi, I am thinking of getting a Golden Eagle Bike Engine for my full suspension mountain bike and putting a heavy duty rear wheel on it also. Their customer reviews show an awesome product due to their Harley style cogged kevlar belt drive system and the four high quality engine choices they offer, but I am concerned that accidents might be more common on these than anyone is saying. Any info on accidents? I have personal knowledge of too many bikers being run over, even in bike lanes on bridges. Even a Harley Davidson riding couple each lost a leg recently up here, due to an inattentive driver pulling out in front of them.

The question of safety is always present in each category of two wheelers respectively....and pretty much equally on a case by case basis of each category: bicycles, motor assisted bicycles, motorcycles.

Ask around in any group of the above categories: serious roadie bicyclists or motorcyclists and they'll all tell stories of how automobile operators disregard, disrespect or plain don't see them. Thing's always the same, even if you're in the right you're wrong if you get hit by a car.

As far as GEBE driven MBs in particular being prone to failure I don't see that as an issue. I've put many miles on mine and it's very reliable. I spend a lot of time and care on building up the bikes to begin with and I start with a decent bike and reliable engine as well. I'd guess cheap bike failure to be more of an issue.

There are very measureable differences in spoke and wheel quality between, for example, machine built steel rim wheels with soft steel spokes, on a Target $50 beater bike, and DT 12g spokes on a quality double walled aluminum rim, machine built and manually checked or hand built for high tension and uniform alignment.

I think the GEBE makers should sell a manufactured disc or mag wheel, or dedicated hub with the GEBE geared pulley built on or mounted to it. This is already a high end market when you are talking of GEBE buyers.

Yea

Those Cars don't care what engine kit you have !!!!!
They just want to run you over !!!!

anyTHING on the streets with two wheels and no true protection
runs the risk of getting hurt
from a bicycle right on up to the big bikes

naturally with more speed comes more risk
other drivers in cars and the such are to be always watched with a careful eye

never taking for granted on a two wheel with motor
I have the right of way so I am taking it
only to realize later
I was run over by a hit and run driver
now in the hospital with missing body parts !!!

I hate that !!!

as we ride those motor bike THINGS

Yea it's like on karate kid " License doesen't replace commen sense "
Be careful out there!!! Asume they are all out to get you !!!!!
Ride defensive !!!!
Don't forget the helmet !!!!
I a friend of mines kid was riding one of these push scooter things, The kind the have 2 rollerblade wheels.. He fell hit his head on the curb.. Was in hospital for 3 weeks got messed up bad !!! was only going 2 MPH !!! A helmet would have prevented that .. Even a cheap one !!!!!

Back