Gonna try electric

Racie35

Local time
8:11 PM
IMAG0085ambassador.jpg........im doing this electric

That ambassador will make a cool ebike. Do you know where you are going to mount the motor? Some guys mount them on the swingarm and save all the room within the frame for batteries.

Not sure yet....but its been done before....the two on the manufacturers blog have hub motors....nice battery box where the engine sits normally

Best bet is get the most motor and battery you can when you do it. This was my former ezip adventure and has turned out pretty *****en though there have ben pitfalls to learn from as I have. Give and take more or less. My suggestion is go if you can afford it from the start LifePo4 battery 48 volt system and get the 1000 watt motor hub. The rear is better for hill climbing but also tougher to install. The front motor hub is easier to do. If you go Papamotors you are looking at about 3 to 4 hours work. Most important is your dropins. The width to accept their motored hubs is at 100mm. If you have that and good forks and you are not going off-road hill climbing then the front hub motor is best. Anyhow here is the thread link to my project.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?39626-Ezip-Papamotors-Kit-Conversion

Back