Good brand of canned spray paint for tank?

ChiefGeek

Local time
11:50 AM
I want to put a coat of nice black metal-flake coat of paint on the stock black tank I received, can someone recommend a good brand and where to find it (locally preferred), thanks!

I'm unsure of what ' Black ' Metalflake is . Do you mean Silver Flakes on a Black tank ? Black Flakes would barely show on a black tank.

I recommend buying a second tank to ' build up ' keep your existing tank, so you can ride. The trick to a fuel proof paint job is lots of curing. I recommend at least 3 months in the shade, to allow all solvents to escape . Hobby Shops sell model car paint in a bewildering assortment of finishes, everything from Military Flat to ultra fine metalflake. Use only one brand of paint to ensure compatibility.

When I said black metalflake, I meant black with silver flakes in it. I'll check the hobby shops thanks. I thought there might be a tried and true specific spray paint that others have used and recommend.

assuming you found the paint color you want, be sure to protect it from gas spills. i'd definitely recommend to spray an automotive quality clear such as a 2k clear.

Prepping and priming are where its at. A well sanded, thickly primed, tank will glow when buck a bomb paint goes on. Using good paint on a poorly prepped tank is a waste of good paint. Radiator Paint [ paint store ] hides flaws in metal, has an alloy like glow, tough as H ***
Rustoleum has a new line of tough paints. Did my truck bumper [ chrome ] and Grille [ plastic ] recently ... time will tell

Back