Good exhaust upgrade?

JohnnyLoves

Local time
9:21 AM
I have a "80cc Engine from boygofast" so its really 68 something...anyways I was wondering if this would be an alright exhaust upgrade, since its expensive, I thought I'd ask first.

Click Here

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
hi john; save your money. custom exhaust is unique to each particular engine. when you learn to get the most out of what you have then go for fine tuning. unless its for looks,then get it. ride on mitch

The whole point in that exhaust is the expansion chamber, which is perfectly tuned for a particular engine (47cc). So you won't feel much difference at all to be honest, you will get more low end torque but that is it. If you want a real performance exhaust then the best bet is to look for a Kawasaki KX65 exhaust, they are expensive but the exhaust is more tuned to your engine size. I have got a pocket bike exhaust and it does give me more low end torque, but overall it has made the bike less stealthy, a little louder. You can find pocket bike exhausts for cheaper than that though. And for a lower price then yes I would recommend it.

Fastboy

I have a "80cc Engine from boygofast" so its really 68 something...anyways I was wondering if this would be an alright exhaust upgrade, since its expensive, I thought I'd ask first.

Click Here

I agree and disagree with the previous callers. If you just slap that on (it will need to be adapted) you won't be necessarily wasting your money - you will feel some power, but there is a lot more to it than that. You will need to match the little exhaust manifold to the port - another difference. You will need to do the same on the intake and get better breathing. You will need to mess with your carb a bit and very slightly port the engine. Maybe a new carb and air filter. When you do all these things....I say you will be pretty amazed at the power increase.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That looks like the chamber I bought for my 48cc only in black. I love mine. Lots of low end power and torque. Am in the process now of jetting 18mm mikuni carb.....Like Pablo says you need to open up the engine so it can breath, both intake and exhaust....

Back