Good First Setup

mega man

Local time
1:29 AM
Hey guys, I am looking to build my first motorised bike in the upcoming future but have no idea on what would be a good first bike and engine kit to go along with it. I am only 15 but I am turning 16 next month so I will legally be able to operate the bike in my state by the time I actually build my bike hopefully. So if you all could maybe inform me of a good first time bike + engine kit combination and the links/ resources of where to acquire them, I would greatly appreciate it.

You really need to start by defining what you want in a kit. There are a lot of factors that you might want to include, like:
  • Cost
  • Reliability
  • Quality (IMO, reliability and quality tend to go hand in hand)
  • Ease of installation
  • Noise
  • Engine type (2 versus 4 stroke)
  • Mounting location (in-frame/rack mount)
  • Climate
  • Terrain
  • Rider weight
  • Need to pull a trailer?
  • Power desired
  • Power needed

Once you've come up with a list of the items that are important to you, and an idea as to HOW important each is, relative to the others, then you can go about making a better decision as to what you need in your kit, and which kit can better fit those needs.

Remember, everybody has a different list of what is important to them, and by how much. What I consider an ideal kit probably is NOT going to match what you think is ideal.

Last edited:
Back