Good quote

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by uncle_punk13, Jan 3, 2008.

1. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

I was reading the latest issue of my favorite custom motorcycle magazine, and came across this great quote (in reference to custom building) that seems to fit for what we do as well:

"If the bike don't build itself, you're building the wrong bike"
    "If it spits it out (parts), It don't want it"
    "If you have to polish it to make it look good, it ain't"
    And yet to a certain degree so true...
    I wasn't sure if this was appropriate in one of the other forums so I stuck it here for the core to chuckle over...

2. Lmao

So true. Those parts that are spit out by the bike also leave a bad taste in the builders mouth. Not to mention the dent in the pocket.
  3. Yeah Buddy!

I kinda feel that way about the 08-10 series, the bike seems to know what it should be, and it is just up to me to find the stuff it wants!

Did find out that White Pedal Blocks are availble for the Persons pedals.

However, don't you agree with me that 20.00 per side is a little steep? AND that is after you own a pair of Persons, or Torrington's, like the number 10's!

I fear that Model 09 will have to wait a bit for that little trinket!

I am, however, looking into having a recent Imagrant from Mexico, who's leatherwork comes highly reccomended, doing my saddle in Brown Leather! I hope that will not look like a mortgage payment or it too will be back-burnered!

It will be fun to finally have one "finished" bike after all this time.

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

shoot, i think i musta said that in another life...cuz i sure be using that philosophy in this one :)
  5. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

That's waht I'm sayin'! Everytime I go to build a bike it builds itself, it's like I'm just the search engine for the darned thing! And if I'm trying to force it it just doesn't come together... :)
  6. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Thanks Rif, that's a good one.
  7. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Quite a bit of truth to that Rif. Most of my bikes take on a life of their own after that first weld.
  8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

dan, our project was exactly the flash rif's post brought back for me :)

shoot, as soon as i clicked "buy" sabrina took control & it's been one heck of a ride itelyawut!! :cool:
  9. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest