good sayings only please -- open to CC

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mountainman, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

good sayings only please
    does not matter where they are from if kept positive
    thank you for sharing

Matthew 19:19
    Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

Luke 6:27
    Love Your Enemies
    "But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

John 3:16
    For God So Loved the World
    "For God so loved the world,[1] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
    [1]Or For this is how God loved the world
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

"That government governs best, which governs least." - T. Jefferson
  3. Mountainman

great one SS

great one SS
    and yes I was a government worker at one time
    saw a lot of waste
    and no matter what they say
    they do not do it better

but we know that we need them -- to a point that is.....

4. suspect

suspect Member

illegitimati non carborundum
  5. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

yeah that was a good one...
  6. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Funny thing, while that quote is attributed to Jefferson, its actual origins are unknown - it was a very common sentiment all over the colonies at the time the revolution broke out and for many years afterward.

My favorite quote from him is even more succinct.
    The price of freedon is eternal vigilance.

Which is often pulled out of contect and mis-used. Jefferson, in the context in which he said that, was talking about the necessity for the people to remain vigilant against tyranny imposed by their own government.

Most Americans long ago dropped that vigilance, unfortunately.
  7. give me vtec

I also agree with that...
  8. suspect

suspect Member

you do? i find that hard to believe.
  9. give me vtec

nobody wants to hear from you again. you dont know me... stop acting like you do. You have had access to the CC for what, a day and you think you know how everybody thinks... give a nigga a cookie huh??
  10. suspect

suspect Member

youre a classic mate, i do feel like i know you, youre a racist redneck *****, i know you of old, you dish out insults left right and center but get extremely butthurt if someone insults you, you run down anyone who doesnt agree with you, ive looked back in old threads at how you and your buds here treat young poor old sparky, you really hate to see a dissenting view, youre not alone on this forum, but youre not a nice chap.

look forward to my further input.

let them eat cake! - marie antionette(apparently a quote attributed to her that wasnt hers either)
  11. give me vtec

Im not a racist and im certainly not a redneck... for one rednecks aren't as well educated as I am. I dont get butt hurt about insults... I dont really care if you call me brodog.

We all disagree with spanky.. he says the dumbest sh!t, you wouldn't believe some of the sh!t he says. But so do you so its ok... remember if I stop eating fast food we can end third world hunger??? D a m n I still can believe you said that?????
  12. suspect

suspect Member

but i didnt say that... poor brodog, hes deluded
  13. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Jeff Foxworthy made million$ on the word, redneck.

back on topic:
  14. give me vtec

yeah you are right... but somebody that is intelligent and educated will go much further in life than somebody that isn't.
  15. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I repeat:

"Education doesn't necessarily make anyone smart."
  16. give me vtec

you are right... intelligence has little to do with education. Hard work has a lot more to do with it than education.

The reason I bring it up so often because a proper education in economics, math, science, history, English, Logic, etc tend to give a person a better understanding of how the real world works as well as the ability to distinguish credible sources/arguments from rubbish. I think an education can be substituted with the equivalent work experience.

Intelligence just makes getting an education easier to get and more useful when you graduate.
  17. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Suspect...I think you are starting off on the wrong foot here on
  18. sparky

sparky Active Member

I think an immature intellectual is in definite need around here.

"Stay hungry. Stay foolish." -- Steve Jobs at a Stanford Commencement speech he gave, and he didn't even get a diploma!! He just went to class for free and didn't worry about loans and grades. That's how school *should* be... a buncha hungry, foolish activists.

And apparently that quote isn't actually Steve Jobs', but it comes from Whole Earth Catalog. I missed that the first time I watched the speech. :thinking:
  19. suspect

suspect Member

nice one.
    it does often make them arrogant and give them ammo to spit at people tho, people who are often smarter than they are, but werent given the same opportunities in life.
    as cliched as it sounds its still very true.

tedd if i was worried about that i suppose i would kowtow to the racial, political and religious intolerance ive found thinly disguised in this 'anything goes' forum, but im not worried, i think its all pretty funny really, and altho totally unexpected when i slipped into the combustion chamber this morning im pretty stoked about finding it overall,and no im not worried, altho looking over my posts earlier today i have to admit i lowered myself to the level of some very petty dialogue, but its all in good fun and me and vtec are excellent bros now.:devilish:
  20. Mountainman

another one found love !!! how gross !!!

1-raised on the lower side of town
    many poor ones who wished received grants for college

2-dammm you feel in love here already ??
    fresh meat off the market boys