Good swap for eho35?

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by BigDaddyT, May 6, 2014.

1. BigDaddyT

BigDaddyT Member

I have a staton inc 18 to 1 gearbox with a subaru robin. Fuel filter clogged and I burned it down. I'm looking for a reasonable replacement with more power. I'm 210 lbs and want to do 35 mph so Im thinking over 2 hp. I have seen some zenoahs Im interested in but am unsure what size clutch the subaru used.

2. Old Bob

Old Bob Member

Zenoah doesn't have a four stroke in the same displacement class as the 33.5cc EHO 35.
    They do have 2 strokes that could be an alternative.
    DDM has G43L engines cheap. I don't know the clutch size offhand but you could check easy enough.

3. BigDaddyT

BigDaddyT Member

78 mm according to steve at ddm. I am having some difficulty finding the measurement on the eho35 so I'm taking it to a mechanic to have it mic'd. I even asked the local robin dealer lol.

4. BigDaddyT

BigDaddyT Member

Micd it at 74 and change and the receiver part of the gearbox at 78 so Im thinking 78mm is too big unless i get real clever about boring the receiver larger.

5. Bonefish

Bonefish Member

The zenoah G43L engine should fit your staton gearbox, but it doesn't come with a fuel tank. I just ordered a new Tanaka PF-4000 to put a little more pep in my step from a honda gx35. All use the same size clutch including the robin subaru eh035. I have one of those too.

6. BigDaddyT

BigDaddyT Member

Cool! right in my price range.
    Questions, if you do a compression test on a robin would it read low because of the compression release?

7. Old Bob

Old Bob Member

Yes it would.

8. BigDaddyT

BigDaddyT Member

I noticed the fuel bulb wasnt filling properly. Bought a very reasonably priced carb from Staton and now its running awesome again. Probably logged over 1000 miles in a week.