Google Call Phone (FREE in U.S.A.)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bonefish, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Bonefish

Bonefish Member

Call any phone number(landline or cell phone) in the U.S.A. for FREE using your computer. When you download the new free software Google just launched. It pops up a keypad on your computer screen, you just enter in the phone number. You then just talk to your screen/mic. and the phone call is Free.

2. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Nothing is free. Google already collects as much possible info about you to sell to other parties for revenue. Now, they'll have the abilityt to monitor your conversations and target advertisements related to key words...it'll happen eventually.

3. Bonefish

Bonefish Member

I make money off of Google. I'm happy.

4. Fulltimer

Fulltimer Member

I was just reading about that. It is only free until the end of the year. Then it will be, if I remember right, 1.2 cents per minute.

Terry

5. WhizBangAndy

WhizBangAndy Member

1.2 cents a minute is great considering how much a basic land line is through one of the baby bells..LOL Ill be using it like I used to use Net-2-Phone back in the day. $20 used to last me months as opposed to less than one month of landline from Verizon after their crazy fee thing is added in. :detective:

6. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

Sounds like SKYPE .

7. kerf

kerf Guest

Not only can Goggle share your info with other third parties for revenue but they can and possibly will share information with our beloved Government. I know, kerf is a nut job, imagining all sorts of evil plots against him. The truth is, I just don't trust power, unless it comes from the Almighty and I don't trust Goggle as far as I can throw them.

8. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Kerf,
    Its been done for years. The Echelon program, among other things, would screen virtually every telephone conversation to key words and record the conversation automatically when a key word was spoken. A relative of mine worked for one of the largest data storage companies in the USA that was supplying a government entity enough storage capacity to allot each person in the world several gigabyte's for a "file". Google and other internet providers are just an extension snooping into our lives via another technology/means of communication.

9. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

Skype cost me $30.80 a year for unlimited calling to land lines and cell phones in the US and Canada.

Steve.

10. Bonefish

Bonefish Member

I'm still using Google Call Phone and I have not had to pay for any phone calls. It allocated me a phone number thru gmail, however if someone wants to try and contact me, they can't and it says................................

The number you are trying to dial has been disconnected.

Which is beautiful.

It allows me to contact people without being contacted.

I love it.

Anyway I used it up in the N.C. mountains and it allocated me a (760) area code. Which is Atlanta. I'm now in Florida for the winter and it still kept the same area code(760)

So far so good......................................

If you are an ebay seller and interested in eliminating ebay fees check out the post in this same category called eCRATER.com w/Google Checkout