Got a 49 J whizzer

jbcruisin

Local time
5:53 AM
Went to visit Quenton & Donna with my wife this past weekend & picked up my beautiful 49 J that Quenton sold me. Quite a privilege to own such a beautiful bike that I know Quenton restored with love & won many shows with.
Here's a picture of Quenton with it before we loaded it in my van. I must also say that I also came home with a proto type kit.
Jay

Attachments

• Visit to Quenton2 027.jpg
    Visit to Quenton2 027.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 300
You lucky bugger. Many of us would give up our first born for a bike like that, and one with a such a provenance is priceless.
In that photo, Quenton looks like he just lost his best friend...:cry:

She is a beauty!!! It must have been painful for Quenton to watch it go. I know I have done a few restorations for folks & I'm in the middle of one right now, It's even hard to watch those bikes go that aren't mine. When putting so much time in something it makes someone elses bike feel like yours. It has to be even tougher when it is yours! I listed my 46 Whizzer last year on Ebay & when looking at the add a few hours later I changed my mind & pulled it. My wife thinks I have to many Whizzers, but I think she's wrong. I don't think that's possible & I sure many others would agree. Anyway, That is an awesome bike!!!! You are very lucky to have such a beaufiful bike as it's not every day you can find one let alone know that it was restored by someone like Q!

I put gas in it today & pedaled it about 15 feet and it started right up. Runs really nice. Quenton says it probably doesn't have 20 miles on it.

Most of the mileage on your Ivory Whizzer was because of all the trips to pickup the first place trophies. Here is a picture of the first place trophy from Portland, IN [one of the largest motobike events in the US]. It is for "Motor Bike Best Restored- Senior 2007 First Place".

Have fun,

Attachments

• Mvc-160f.jpg
    Mvc-160f.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 184
Back