Gps/motor data sensor to prove motor off wen speeding down hill?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ToxicAZ520, Mar 17, 2011.

1. ToxicAZ520

ToxicAZ520 New Member

I was wondering if there was a way to link a gps or data sensor that could record or prove that the motor was not in use if clocked speeding going down hill? Also wondering does the law state that u cnt go faster then 19or20mph period or just while under power it dosent state in the tucson and az state laws does it?I was thinking that some how u could maybe place a sensor on the white wire or throttle and kill switch and maybe link it to a data recorder or gps to prove that the motor was not on or the throttle position did not influence speed. Something to think about I kno its possible but can it be done for cheap and could it be viable evidence for an officer or in court?

2. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Maybe a sensor that shuts down the ignition at 20 mph that can be demonstrated in court......with a bypass of course. :jester:

Most states say "on level ground" or a variation of that.
  3. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

Personally I would get a good lawyer, go for a Jury trial, then get a field trip to the scene of the crime. A good lawyer would hop on a 10 speed and show that the speed limit could easily be broken under human power down that hill.

The problem is that most of us cannot afford simple tickets, much less the cost of the scenario I just laid out. Bottom line is, brake down the hill unless you can afford to fight it.