Great ride yesterday.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by 45u, May 13, 2016.

1. 45u

45u Active Member

Yesterday run two full tanks (2 liter tanks) throw build 1 only problem being had to tighten up the head light. She sure could not have run any better. Love days like this. She now has over 2 1/2 gallons throw her. I do have a front brake on her now.

Attached Files:

Timbone likes this.

2. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

You using a torque wrench on your head in an staggered X tightening patteren, or just going by feel?

3. FurryOnTheInside

FurryOnTheInside Active Member

Very tidy build. :) How far did the four litres take you?

4. 45u

45u Active Member

I do not have a speedometer so all I can is guess around 60 or 70 miles many be just a little more. I went and got some more gas and this time I go ethanol free gas which should give me more mileage.

When I rode my bike to Alaska a little 10K plus trip in just over a month in North Dakota they had gas that had as much as 20% ethanol I went from filling up at 160 miles to being all most out of gas with all the ethanol to being all most dry at 125 miles. Ethanol the worst thing they ever put in gas. It messes with anything rubber and cuts way down on you fuel mileage!!!!!!!!!!! Just another way for the oil companies to rig customers off.

FurryOnTheInside likes this.
  5. 45u

45u Active Member

I build motorcycle motors that cost up to 10K so I do just about everything with a torque wrench. Have them from 1 inch pound to 600 foot pounds. Yes I use a torque wrench. I had all sorts of problems with the stock aluminum one every time I stopped and let it cool I would have to re-torque it. I replaced it with a copper one and only had to torque it twice.

6. FurryOnTheInside

"Only problem being I had to tighten up the head LIGHT"
    I think KC just misread. :rolleyes:

But since we're on this topic now..
    Did you buy or make the copper gasket? I have never tried anything like that so I don't know what you would need to do/ use or just how accurate it has to be.

45u likes this.
  7. 45u

45u Active Member

They sell them on eBay or here see link below. Use the same torque all I did is replace the gasket and torque. All so with a copper gasket you can use it over and over and over all you have to do is anneal it. Do this all the time on old British motorcycles.

https://bicyclemotorworks.com/

8. 45u

45u Active Member

I hope if every thing works out to dive my motor bike about 50 miles and camp out. This will only be after I get my trailer.

9. FurryOnTheInside

Coool! That is exactly what I am building mine for. :) With a bit of fishing and snorkeling thrown in. I go 80 or more with trailer under pedal power and it takes FAR too long and the water & food & time required goes up exponentially, hence the need to motorise.

45u likes this.
  10. 45u

45u Active Member

Nothing wrong with fishing and swimming.
    If I had the money and my heath would hold out I would like to drive one cross country. Yes I would have a chase truck some where near me. LOL What

11. FurryOnTheInside

With a trailer full of engines and tools who needs a chase truck?
    What? :p

12. FurryOnTheInside

Thanks, bookmarked! :)

13. 45u

45u Active Member

I think the guy that owns this place name is Mat. I called once needing to ask a question. I left a message and he called me back with in 2 hours. I have done a fear amount of business with him all good.

14. FurryOnTheInside

That's good to know.
    I'll add his gasket sets and a plumbers torch to my (ever extending) shopping list and try to not browse the shop too much!

45u likes this.