Greatings From Northern Central Oregon

Hiigel

Local time
2:39 PM
No Go Joe

Hello all; Gary, a new member here. I live in Northern Oregon, five miles or

so from the Mighty Columbia river, and 25 miles from where I grew up, Boardman.

There are several people with bikes around here, but they all seem a bit standoffish, so no pals to ride with.

I am in a quandry.-----. New carb, new cdi, and new magneto, and my bike simply will not fire. It seems to want to, but, alas, nothing but a little pop. Any suggestions on this subject?? I rely on my bike for 99% of what I do away from home, and need this thing going.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gary

Ok; I'm told I must introduce myself.

My name is Gary, 59; been riding motorized bike for 1.5 yrs now. I grew up on the front of Pa's Harley, so it's not totally new, and we eventually got a Honda 450, which I used to ride a lot.

I have one friend here, or 40 miles from here, but there aree others; just have not caught up with them yet.

While I have ridden all over this place, I now find myself in a quandry with a bike that will not fire. New Carb, New Magneto, and New CDI Box, but it simply will not fire up.

I am totally lost w/o my bike; I use it for 99% of my travel around here, and am desperate to get it going.

Any suggestions from you old timers??

Help a guy out please.

Thanks,

Gary

No Go Bike

Thanks Dave.

I hoped to be out riding, but changibng to a new carb, a ned CDI, as well as new magneto has done little. It's getting fuel, spark, and air; It does not compute!! Good thing I have lots of hair to pull out!!

TTYL,

Gary

Back