greenline stretch cruiser

my first build is complete. check it out. i'll be happy to answer any questions.

Attachments

• 207.jpg
    207.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 2,462
  • 208.jpg
    208.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 1,903
  • 210.jpg
    210.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 1,026
  • 209.jpg
    209.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 3,178
hello there

Hows your center bar for your rear motor mounts ,mounted into the frame? Is it welded,brazed in or is clamped in. nice looking bike by the way.

yes, both the headlight and the tail light run off the white wire. it took a while to find the right bulb combination that would work without taxing the engine too much. what i came up with seems to work well, it starts right up without turning the lights off and from what i can tell it doesn't limit the engine at all.

as for the center bar, these stretch bikes seem to have alot of frame flex. most any weld will probably break eventually so i decided clamping it in was best. this allows the frame to flex normally while the center bar remains rigid.

Awsome Ride!!!
How did you do the chain? it looks like it touches midway
What light combo did you use?
and how did you mount the sprocket to those high spoke count wheels?

hey, thanks for all the compliments! the seat came with the bike fortunately. it gives a comfortable ride with those big springs in back. maybe a greenline dealer can get you one. the chain run is pretty simple and effective. i just used one of those spring loaded chain tensioners from livefastmotors.com clamped to my seat post. it works very well, the chain never has any excess slack which makes for a smooth ride. i kept the chain close together so as much of it would be hidden by the cover as possible. there's about 3/4" clearance at the closest point. so far they've never touched. the light bulbs i used are a plain old 6v flashlight bulb(the old screw in type) for the tail light and the bulb out of my harbor freight rechargeable flashlight for the headlight. although rated at 12v, this bulb apparently has a very low wattage draw which allows them both to run off the white wire with no problems. it's no halogen but is still plenty bright enough to be seen by other traffic. there was no trick to mounting my sprocket on 68 spoke rims. a little filing to clear the dust cap and careful positioning of the mounting holes in relation to the spokes was all that was required for it to bolt right on.

Back