Greetings and salutations from Bloomington, Indiana!!

FiDdLeFaDdLe

Local time
2:44 PM
I've been tinkering with motorized bicycles for the past 9 months and bikes in general for decades... I'm interested in learning as much as I can about "Rikimbilis" and found this wonderful forum whilst researching lubrication issues for the Grubee gearbox. I was hooked immediately! I'm not alone anymore....!! (y)

I run a 49cc 2-stroke on a mountain bike frame (rescued from a dumpster) for urban transport. I also have a honda gxh50/grubee setup on a schwinn 7-spd cruiser for long distance touring. Lastly, but not leastly, I have my '88 REI X-R Hybrid for pure pedaling pleasure. I don't own a car.

Bloomington is an oasis for two-wheeled gonzos. It's the home of Indiana University (Hoosiers), sports a delightfully forward-thinking city infrastructure, and is hard at work promoting/implementing projects and legislation to further the cause of "alternative" transportation. I'm involved at the community level as a volunteer for the Bloomington Bike Project, working to make bicycling irresistible.

Thanks to all for making this site happen. I'm looking forward to the discussions!! I am new to the Forum world, so bare with me.... :D Cheers!!

Welcome to the forum. College towns are hotbeds of innovative transportation.

Back