Greetings from Bognor Regis U.K.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Outa_Spaceman, Sep 12, 2007.

1. There's nothing really interesting I can tell you about myself other than....
    Whilst browsing the Steampunk Forum...
    I found a picture of a Felt 1903 with an engine attached to it...
    Since that moment my life has been dedicated to building something very similar...
    I stumbled upon this forum quite by accident today...
    Using a link on the left I purchased an engine from eBay...
    What a whirlwind...:shock:

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

wow, that was fast...wish you'd have read some before buying, but that's water under the bridge. dare i ask...?

anyway, while you're waiting, read as much of this place as you can stand, it'll make the build go tons easier, i promise.

welcome to MBc :cool:
  3. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Well stumble on in and enjoy the features. Welcome to the forum from the Grand Side of Texas
  4. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Come on in, READ, Install and GRIN on down the road.
  5. drimpact

drimpact Member

Welcome to MBc
  6. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

You sound like my kind of people Spaceman. Go for the gusto. Welcome to MBc.
  7. Many thanks for the welcome chaps...:)
    I'm not quite as impetuous as I might, at first, appear...
    I have, in the past, restored 2 Raleigh Wisps, a Corgi, A Puch 2 speed, Puch Maxi, an unidentified cyclemotor (bicycle with the motor slung under the bottom bracket) and several models of B.S.A. Bantam...
    My project will be the first time I have built "from scratch" and I intend absorbing as much information and (hopefully) wisdom as I can from this forum...

8. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D
  9. Your reply reminded me of a joke I know...
    Q: How do you tell a happy cyclemotorist?
    A: By the flies in his teeth...
  10. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

welcome spaceman:smile:and happy motoring!:shock:
  11. az cra-z

az cra-z Guest

I've ridden lots of mopeds and the only one I could really pedal without the motor was the Puch. Seemed well built, too.

The more you read here, the more fun the build will be. The better the build, the more fun the ride. Looking forward to pics.:smile:
  12. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Welcome and would love to see some of those pics.
  13. I wish I had some... The renovations I did were some 30 years ago...(!) In the rural village that I come from cameras were a very scarce comodity...
    However, if it's pictures you want check this link:
    It's from the NACC site...
  14. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Wow! Thanks for the link. I had to save it so I can peruse it at my leisure. Way cool.