Greetings From Central Alabama

David in Alabama

Local time
9:07 AM
Hi All,

Been lurking around for a month or so. I live in central Alabama(40 miles S/E of Birmingham). Been building and racing motorcycles, karts, and open wheel cars, since the early 70's. This is my first powered bike.

It's an old cruiser I bought for a pit bike many years ago. It's been gathering dust for several years, as old racing injuries are catching me, and I just couldn't peedle it for any distance. Bought a 36 volt Wilderness Energy brushless kit. Pushes my big grit eatin butt down the road with a top speed of 21mph and is a real blast.:helmet:

David in Alabama

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 127
welcome David

nice looking elect motor bike that you got going there
my brother is back your way -- Tuscaloosa
he's a 2-wheel with motor rider from way back also

have fun as you ride that thing

Thanks Folks

Thanks,

It's really fun to zip through town silently. Just a little hum from the drive hub. Drive right past the local cops without a notice. Needs better brakes though!

Not like my Sportster street bike, that drowns out my mp3. This is a work in progress. Started out with the big heavy battery pack hung on the rickidity rear rack. Took one ride, with that wiggling back and forth, to figure out that wasn't the hot set up. Decided to get all that weight lower and closer to the center of gravity on the bike. Want to build a battery box to close it all in. Made the bars by rebending a set of 7/8" motorcycle drag bars I had lying around.

I'm a big boardtracker fan. Would love to own the real thing. I working on a couple of old Harley racers from the 50s and 60s, but can't afford anything that old and rare.

One of my motorcycle riding buddies came by to see my racers today. He spoted the electric bike and was amazed by it. I love to see the looks on the locals, when I zip by them on it. You'd think they saw a UFO!

Later,

Nice build. The e-motor makes it a lot easier to hear your headphone radio.

Back