Greetings from Colorado

L

Large Filipino

I've been lurking here for some time and in about a month am planning on getting that 80cc Chineese motor for my Schwinn.

I think your site is awesome and I am so stoked about getting this kit,and I'm already a step ahead for I think I've already read most everything here and you guys seem very cool.

I think my only real obstacle is the fact that that front down tube on that bike is pretty thick,but I think with longer hardware it shouldn't pose much of a problem.

I'm 41 years old,married 20 years next month and own 5 cars and have tinkered with motorcycles in the past and don't currently own one.
So why the interest? I'm recently recovering from a quintuple bypass operation which saved my life for I quit all my bad habits. I don't smoke no more,I lost almost 40 pounds and I ride my bike every night when it's cool out.

I've always wanted to own a motorized bicycle. Then when I discovered this relatively cheap price on a high displacement one that can get you past 30 mph,I just can't contain myself.

This is mid life crisis. It has to be.

I'm not allowed to post any pics yet. I'll get the pic up when they will.

I do have one really stupid question for I never owned anything that's a two stroke.
This whole mixing oil with gas thing. Are they talking about straight engine oil or is it a special blend two stroke oil made for mixing into gas?

Welcome to MBc 8) . nice intro. glad you're here. Say 'hi' to Fort Collins for me :p .
Normally, we dont answer tech/mech questions in the intro lobby (lots of info gets lost here), so may i suggest you take a peek at the 'Stickys' at the tops of the forum lobbys...they'll point you in the right direction to find answers to just about anything. 8) 8)
Happy :mrgreen:
PS-congrats on the healthy lifestyle changes...tobacco is still a major hurdle for me
PPS-dont tell anyone i told you, but yes...two-stroke oil to mix w/gas ;)

Cool! I can post pics now!

What do y'all think? Would it be not too hard?

2619_Schwinn_2.jpg

locoWelder said:
welcome to MBc 8) I like that color but will a motor fit that frame?

Looking at all these other bikes I would say I may have to bring it up a little higher. Probably relocate the carb..maybe it may fit.
That front downtube is thick but it's oval instead of round. The clamp may actually work with just longer bolts.

I like the way this Schwinn has that rear wheel. Looks like I can move that wheel around some;hopefully chain fitment won't be a hassle.

It's an aluminum frame so it's pretty light.

I am a little afraid of scratching up my paint,and that tensioner to me looks pretty fugly.

I may go with a cheaper bike for a first build.

Thanks for the kind words!

hi

hi and welcome to the group...cool cruiser and cool color too! Good luck on your install, start a thread in picture gallery and there you can show us your build if ya like...happy motoring!
:D :cool:

Back