Greetings from Grand Rapids, Michigan!

sweersz

Local time
3:37 AM
Hey guys! My name is Zach and I live in Michigan. I'm 18 years old and about to start college soon going into natural resources management (quite fitting for this forum i.e. saving gas, right?) :devilish:

I'm a bicycle guy but recently had the desire to put a 66cc engine on my board track bike which built from frame up; I found the frame at a scrap yard (1960s Spaceliner frame).

I'm into old Indian motorcycles but what are the chances of getting one of those? So I just built mine to look old. The handlebars are off of a 1936 Schwinn Excelsior, I have 1950s truss rods, old Brooks saddle, non-reflective '68 Schwinn pedals, etc.

I'm getting a 36T sprocket and a performance carburetor so I can hit higher speeds.

Anyways, here is my bike. It still needs some work but not much.

dsc07314r.jpg

dsc07317z.jpg

dsc07328ia.jpg

dsc07336o.jpg

It seems as if there is endless information on this site -- very detailed threads that I have used and already benefited from. Thanks!

Hey Zach...I am up in Traverse City. My Whizzer and Indian Scout were both abandoned piles of junk when I got them. The nice thing is, after pricing Indian parts,
the other projects seem practically free in comparison.

Greetings sweersz and tprjj49707. I am also from Michigan and I am just looking to connect with other Michigan MB builder/riders. That's a pretty slick looking spaceliner!

I'm finishing up my first build, any Michigan based MB info/advice you have for me would be great.

here's my bike. I really like the look of the old board track racers and hope to someday restore/build one. I have little to no experience with motors, nor the cash for a board tracker, so in the mean time this will do.

http://artistdaniels.wordpress.com/alternative-energy/motorized-bicycles-project/

Back