Greetings from Homosassa, Florida - the Homosassa Viking

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Homosassa Viking, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Hi everybody - I'm the proud owner of two (yeah, count 'em) Chinese 80cc bikes: a Huffy Cranbrook one-speed coaster brake cruiser and a Schwinn StingRay chopper. I put the Huffy together back in early February 2007 - have ridden it over 300 miles to date (late April). The StingRay is a work in progress - gonna be a real treat for my grandson when he comes to visit for the Summer!
    I'm up loading a few pictures which might help explain "Homosassa Viking"...
    Sure hope this BB turns out as well as it seems now at the start.
    Glad to be here, :cool:
    H.V.

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

Welcome to the forum!

You've sure got a lucky grandson

3. cheezis

cheezis Guest

I hate to state the obvious here, but you're the guy that helps sponsor those motor kits on ebay! Howdy, and welcome.

4. azbill

azbill Active Member

yup, I dig the horny hat dude 8)
    wear it to scare bad drivers away :lol: :lol:

5. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i'm gonna need to see the pics, i admit i'm at a loss about the viking stuff :lol:

hi, Homosassa Viking, welcome to MBc 8)

6. azbill

azbill Active Member

270113512418 ebay#

[​IMG]

welcome Gunnar

7. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

:shock: :lol: 8)

8. jeffspeeder

jeffspeeder Guest

Homosassa Viking hey ur the guy i baught my motor from.lol hey thanks it rocks :grin:

9. You're right! I bought the powerkingshop kit, found their instructions totally lacking, wrote my own, took pics and sent it all along with permission to use it all. Got nothing for my effort - except to help the next folks out a bit. It must have worked: they've sold out and are now taking eBay orders for delivery after May 1st! I've gotten both my kits from powerkingshop/justblissful (all the same outfit) on eBay.

Thatsdax dot com, on the other hand, has the best generic instructions and replacement parts out there. The owner seems to be a swell guy with lots of knowledge about his 50 and 70 cc kits. I like his replacement clutch lever - have one on each of my bikes - and have bought several more for other kit builders around here.

I draw quite a bit of attention bustassin up the highway on the way to morning coffee with my buddies - sporting my viking Horned War Bonnet. It must be quite a sight for the driver who comes up alongside me in the morning fog! I get a few beeps, whistles, laughs - and, once in a while, the traditional one-finger wave! Probably from a doomed SITCOM on the way to a drudge job! (SITCOM: Single Income Two Children Oppressive Mortgage)

I have fun in my retirement! :cool:

later,
    Gunnar Erickson
    the Homosassa Viking

10. Mister R

Mister R Guest

Dig the verb "bustassin". Gonna have to use that one. Welcome! Don't you ever get tired of people commenting on the helmet? I'm all about being different, I just get tired of people asking "why do you do that" with a "duh" look whenever I do things out of the ordinary. Makes me want to be invisible. I envy the people that can do their own thing from the mild to the wild and keep a good attitude about people staring and saying dumb things. I like to be different but at the same time I don't like to get too much attention. Know what I mean?

11. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

Hey there

:cool: Hey welcome to the forum...well I just informed my friend AuggieDog that I have bought the same engine as you and that I sent you here...He is stoked as I am too. They should ship it anytime now...I am vasilating between the online bike such as yourself or checking the local guy out for one here in my home town...have a great day! Happy trails to you and all...