Greetings from North Dakota

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SchwinnAlloySeven_GT5, May 2, 2007.

1. Hey motorheads!

I just found out that a forum for us bicycle blasphemers exists, so here I am! I have a Transparent Red 2005 Schwinn Alloy Seven with a Grubee GT5 and a 34T drive sprocket on a custom adapter. The bike is a 35MPH+ daily rider and I use it for work and fun alike. The Grubee GT5 is it's second engine, the first one was a generic 70cc that munched it's crank bearings after I overreved it. :lol:

Modifications are as follows:

Handlebars flipped forward 90 degrees,
    Wald Dovetail fenders, Flametread tires, upgraded brakes,
    Dual Schwinn headlights and LED taillights,
    Cork-stuffed frame and seatpost, Schwinn racing seat
    Dual tanks, dual racks, dual trunks,
    Odyssey sealed bottom bracket,
    Front and rear turn signals, wireless speedometer
    Laser-cut sprocket adapter, custom front mount,
    Clutch and accelerator moved to LHS

Happy motoring! I'll have pics up once the site lets me :cool:

2. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

Hello SAS-

Pix sometimes get available a bit earlier (it's all a mystery to me, the Australians can sometimes jump over the International date line and post pix the day before they even arrived) :???:

But go tell our fearless leader TOM how you found the site !! He'll thank you for the input.
  3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Welcome to MBc

in regards to one of my motored bikes, a local bicycle shop owner said to me....." If you want a ****** motorcycle, then buy a ****** motorcycle!" I guess he didn't realize how many bikes & parts I'd bought from his son, who operated the store.

enjoy the forum
  4. Thanks fellas. Pics up in the Photo forum.

@ bamabikeguy: Done!

@ srdavo: My LBS is a Schwinn shop and they know my bicycle well! I have to get my pedal chain replaced every 500 miles or I can't use my 7th gear under power. The mechanics there love the bike, but they have a few customers that look at my machine with disdain. Most people ask "can you still pedal it" and I tell "ya have to!".

Still others chuckle at it and look at me like they feel sorry for my evident lack of taste, but I have more fun than most of them most the time anyway! Nothing makes me smile more than seeing a skinny-tire bike with an aerodynamic fool on it battling the ever-present wind, while I fly by on a full-fendered Schwinn with jeans :D
  5. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

welcome to the boards! 8)