Greetings from Ottawa...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bigsugar999, Oct 2, 2008.

1. bigsugar999

bigsugar999 New Member

A former Harley ('90 FXST), Suzuki ('85 GSXR 750 - first year CND) owner including a multitde of dirt/mini bikes/karts before that, I'm excited to join this group and look forward to cruising on an environmentally friendly 4 C.I. of rolling thunder ... i've been given a large frame doner mountain bike (would love a stretch cruiser if this works out) and plan to mount the 66cc EPA engine i bought from boyGoFast on ebay to ease the trails of the ottawa river for the 25km (0.6km / mile) commute (one way) I occasionally ride. Like many here i assume, paying $500+ for an electric assist is out of my budget... paying $2K for a 50cc scooter is off the scale more ways than one.. sure legalities are in question, someone has to protect the auto/insurance industries but at $4-5/Gal ... im hoping to be as stealth as possible and hope the EPA version will be quieter... future dreams include having something like a velomobile for cold/rainy/windy/snowy days ...

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

welcome.

That other province (to the west of you) has a pilot legal-MB project going. To see if they can be integrated safely and properly. I guess that's the reason.

Maybe Quebec will give it a shot as well.

good luck

3. bigsugar999

bigsugar999 New Member

Quebec is pretty progressive compared to Ontario, at 14 yrs of age Quebecers can drive 50cc mopeds... Im not surewhat they say about something home-made...Thanks for the welcome...