Greetings from Rochester NY!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by moonpup, Apr 15, 2008.

1. moonpup

moonpup New Member

Hello out there -

Just getting started here, been to this a ton over the past month - and this site has saved my backside!! I have an 2006 Whizzer NE5 and have never had so much fun on a bike before (it is only a one seater, he-he-he) Are there any other Whizzer owners in the area, or some moped/scooter riders aound Rochester that have any info on any rides, poker runs, cruises out and around Rochester NY?

I am not much of a mechanic and am trying to sponge as much as possible from all of you out there - thanks in advance for the questions that I will have over the next few months!!

Does anyone have a set of procedures/instructions (with pics would be the oooh sooo great(look at MoonKS post for the restrictor mod on the NE5)) for the copper head gasket replacement, again for the NE5? I am a wrenchin' noob so this needs to be geared to the level of "gasket replacement for dummies", step by step directions would ROCK!!!! --I really don't want to kill a perfectly running engine

Thank you all at MBC -

Keep on Whizzin'
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2008

2. sparky

sparky Active Member

Check out this crash course:

As for the gasket replacement... just use permatex copper or permatex 1A like toothpaste around the exhaust & press/bolt onto the engine. Wipe the outter excess off & let dry. Some people use thin cardboard like from a cracker or cereal box as a gasket, but most others say even that isn't necessary.
  3. BSA

BSA Guest

Welcome to the forum.

4. moonpup

moonpup New Member

Hi sparky, thanks for the response, will this exhaust fix work with a Whizzer - I do not see why not.

5. moonpup

moonpup New Member

I have a question for the setting pics on my signiture, why do I only get the path and not my pic, sorry but I am a noob -thx Steve
  6. moonpup

moonpup New Member

Thanks for the welcome, hope that all is weel across the pond --Steve
  7. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi moon. Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.
    Were here for each other! Enjoy! :grin:
  8. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Welcome to MBc. Your enthusiasm rocks!
  9. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

G'day man & welcome.
  10. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc. :cool:
  11. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc.
  12. sparky

sparky Active Member

I don't see why not also.
  13. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Welcome Moonpup to MBc
    When I install a copper head gasket on a Whizzer I don't use any sealer, just a good inch pound torque wrench.

Whizzer OuterBanks,
  14. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

welcome to MBc! good luck and happy motoring!
    try this link for your imagage uploading tutorial...:grin: also you need to resize large pictures down to 100 X me if ya still don't understand?>^..^<