Greetings from South Australia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mshagg, Mar 5, 2008.

1. mshagg

mshagg New Member

Hi all, the handle's martin...

Hailing from the scorching heat of Adelaide, South Australia - ive recently been looking into the (fascinating!) world of motorised bicycles. Please note i've not yet made a kit purchase - these forums seem like THE place to further my research, and i thought i'd comply with the forum's requirements to introduce myself ASAP. (BTW i think that's a great idea and wish all the forums i participated in had similar requirements!). It seems the various kits are really picking up some momentum here in Australia.

In terms of mechanical ability, ive spent a lot of time skinning my knuckles on ford V8s and at the other end of the scale, spent a lot of time working on - and cursing at - electric and glow fuel offroad RC cars. Perhaps 48cc-66cc two strokes is the happy-medium i've been looking for??

Bit of a mountain biker, having picked up a full suspension bike the other month i have a 2007 hardtail that lends itself to a motorised project.

Anyways, ive a lot of stickies to read and forums to search. Great community y'all have here, havent even spoken to anyone yet and i already feel welcome. Great work!!

2. Papasaun

Papasaun Guest

Welcome to MBc.
    Spend some spare time going through the Picture Gallery too! Its worth it.
    There are so many advances in engines to build with, you'll see most of them in there.

3. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

G'day man & welcome to MBc.
  4. graucho

graucho Active Member

mshagg, welcome to MBc ! Home of may answers, and awaiting your ideas.
  5. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc. :cool:
  6. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D
  7. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc.
  8. mickey

mickey Guest

Welcome Martin.
  9. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Welcome Martin, glad you are here.
  10. BoltsMissing

BoltsMissing Active Member

Welcome from Adelaide..,
  11. screaming emu

screaming emu Member

G'day Martin, if you are planning on riding your bike on road in SA and you have a standard car licence go for a 48cc. These generally fall under moped moped law and have less vibration than the 70cc. Zbox is my pick of the crop for value and reliability.All the best Rodge.
  12. Hollywood

Hollywood Guest

G'day mate.Welcome to MBc.By the number of new members from Australia motorbiking must be getting big in Australia.
  13. Stink Bike

Stink Bike Member

Welcome Martin
  14. mshagg

mshagg New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Rodge, your comments are pleasing to the eye - as ive got my 48cc kit on the way from zbox. Plenty of work to do to the donor-bike and getting few bits n pieces ready for the kit.

Ps. How bout this heat?!?!?!
  15. Stink Bike

Stink Bike Member

Welcome Martin.
    Get in side,turn on the airconditioner and get out of that Adelaide heat.
  16. screaming emu

screaming emu Member

Thanks for the warm welcome folks! its great to hook up with so many people with a common interest that are located all over the world.Wow!
  17. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Welcome. I think you will like it here.

18. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

welcome Martin good luck on all your to read before you get into the begining i was impulsive and I was not happy with my ebay that's the key....good luck bro...:grin:
  19. Demosthenese

Demosthenese Guest

You won't loose the freedom of a mountain bike just by bolting on an engine, you can still do everything you did before on it. You will fin yourself tightening it up everyday though :).