Greetings from the UK...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JemmaUK, Sep 15, 2007.

1. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Hi all, Jemma here...

I am the proud owner of a fairly new - almost no mileage - GEBE bike with the 25.4 komatsu motor. Its still totally stock.. although I was considering a velocity stack and pancake air filter (just because i can lol).. :D

I have looked everywhere for decent mufflers for this engine - it looks like I will have to build one myself unless anyone has any ideas... :???:

A little about me - Im early 30ies, slim and a tech/gear head. Sorta single, but only interested in the girlies (and I can see that camera...:grin:)

talk soon I hope

J xx

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

hiya, jemma...there's a few threads going about expansion pipes and custom exhaust, feel free to jump in on one with your input...

:lol: is there any other reason that makes sense?? :lol:

welcome to the MBc :cool:

3. spunout

spunout Member

hahaha...welcome to MBc, funny guy :)

4. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

umm... girl here, last I looked

Update on the bike - cruises happily at 20-25+ but seems to flex when cornering and is very unsteady at times..

also there are speeds where the engine just *wont* run smoothly its on good petrol etc but it just seems to vibrate..

All in all I have only done about 15 miles I think... its good so far :)

Jemma xx

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2007
  5. drimpact

drimpact Member

Welcome to MBc

6. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc Jemma. A good sold frame is a must. Particularly if you ride like me.

Why did Kamakazi pilots wear helmets?

7. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

to look cool?

8. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

I dont think its the frame at fault - I suspect its more the tyres - the back one is new and its pretty knobbly on the sides - it just feels like the thing wont turn in and is unstable on bends...

It might of course be the weight of the engine because it seems to be worst on RH turns - but its pretty deadly both ways when going slowly...

Jemma xx

9. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

wheels and tires (built for bicycle speeds) are very important to motoredbiking happiness...experiment with pressure to find what works best. meantime, i'm guessing you're finding relevant discussions around the board, please pick one & jump in with a "reply" to churn the good stuff back up top for others to find and contribute to.

technical discussion inside "intro" tends to be not very helpful during searches, therefore anything good that comes up will be lost for future use.

10. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Well that's 2 things we have in common, motorbikes and girls. It's nice to be around people who share your intrests.
    Welcome to the group!

11. gauge

gauge Guest

welcome 2 motored bikes

12. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Someone finally realised I am a fan of the L-Word lol

Jemma xx

13. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i realized it right off & couldn't care less either way...in today's age (and here) does it matter? i just didn't think it was very relevant (i'm pretty sure noone's here looking for relationships) so i didn't comment.

14. azbill

azbill Active Member

yeah...what he said !
    welcome to MBc ! :D

15. Jim H

Jim H Guest

:lol::lol::lol:Right over my head...far out man!