Greetings, motorheads

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by imperfectionst, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Hi all,
    I don't have a motorized bicycle yet, but I do own a 2000 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, a 250cc 250Lbs single-cylinder dual-purpose motorcycle that rides like a mountain bike.

I also have a Huffy Re-bike, which I'm thinking of motorizing. This was a dirt cheap recumbent offered by Sears.

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/48/3896/640/rebike1.jpg

I'm thinking of getting one of the motor kits for my friend, who has a Mongoose with full suspension. He just had to get a pacemaker installed, and he can't get a license, due to some legal complications. I'm also interested in electric power. It would be really cool if I converted my motorcycle to electric, but perhaps that's too ambitious at this point.

Love the site,
    Imperfectionst

2. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Welcome to Mbc. Glad you found us!

3. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc, take a look at the Rack-Mount Engine section for lots of great info for the Mongoose.

4. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D

5. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc.

6. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Welcome to the group!

7. mickey

mickey Guest

Welcome aboard

8. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

ahoy matey!

9. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Wleocme to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!

10. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

11. Oh yeah, I live in Milwaukie, Oregon- a suburb of Portland.

12. Bean Oil

Bean Oil Guest

^ I'm in SoCal but know where Newburg is (southwest of Portland); I was just there last summer visiting my old man. He's almost 80 years young and just moved south from the banana belt in Washingtion state.

Welcome to MB.c! There's much good info here to aid you in making your choice for an engine and it's configuration on your bicycle.

Keep us posted on your powertrain choice!

:)~